Thread: Hello

Participating Member

Hello

Hello. I'm Genifer and I am new to the forum. I live in Austin, TX but swim for Aquatics of Georgetown/Texas Gold in Georgetown (a burb of Austin). I swam AG/USS for Texas Gold and High School in Georgetown but was too injured to swim in college. I have been back almost 2 years after almost 8 years out of the water. I just wanted to say hello to everyone out there.

Very Active Member Redbird Alum's Avatar

Re: Hello

Gen -

Welcome to the proverbial "pool". Hope you find a local masters group to practice with. It's a lot more fun and easy to get back into the hang of workouts with a team.

Good Luck!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by GENSWIM View Post
    Hello. I'm Genifer and I am new to the forum. I live in Austin, TX but swim for Aquatics of Georgetown/Texas Gold in Georgetown (a burb of Austin). I swam AG/USS for Texas Gold and High School in Georgetown but was too injured to swim in college. I have been back almost 2 years after almost 8 years out of the water. I just wanted to say hello to everyone out there.
    Did you swim for Sharon/Kay or Aubrey at Texas Gold?

Regardless - welcome to Masters swimming....

South Central Zones are coming up....
    From the Rolling Stones "Mother's Little Helper" - "What a drag it is getting old....."

Participating Member

I swam for Aubrey. He is still there coaching and his team just combined with the team from Georgetown to make a larger Texas Gold team. Just the masters side is called Aquatics of Georgetown.