Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotels with 25y Pools

Re: Hotels with 25y Pools

Constitution Inn in Boston (Charlestown Neighborhood), 25 yards. A couple women I work with swim there. The Inn was built for military travelers but is open to the public and locals can purchase a gym membership.

I've never personally swam there, so I can't speak for quality but the women who I know that swim there are current/former master's/age group swimmers so I figure it has to be decent.

Very Active Member

Holiday Inn on the north side of Columbus, OH.
    Lane lines and all!

Blog Entries

The best one I've found is the Renaissance Club Sport in Aliso Viejo (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...so-Viejo-Hotel and the picture below of their awesome 6 lane, 25 SCY course.

For any of you planning on going to Mission Viejo Nationals this summer, this place is 15 minutes from the pool. It's a bit pricey, but awesome. All hotel guests get access to the club.

I've also swum at hotels with pools in Tokyo and near Delhi that were 25 SCM, as well as one in San Diego that was 23-24 SCY.
    Follow my blog http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?u=5013
    Twitter @BrundageSwims

Very Active Member

Hyatt Regency Cambridge, MA. 25-yard pool. Swam there a year ago.
    Young for my speed. . .

Participating Member

Fairfield Inn Valley Forge/King of Prussia (outside Philadelphia, PA) is next door to a Bally Total Fitness Center. Hotel guests have free access to Bally. There's even a connecting hallway so you don't even have to go outside. The pool at Bally is 25 meters. When I was there about a year ago there were 3 narrow lanes roped off for lap swimming and a water aerobics class in the rest. The corners of the pool are really rounded off so it would be hard to turn if you shared an outside lane and got unlucky to be the one next to the wall.
    There is something more terrible than a hell of suffering--a hell of boredom. -Victor Hugo

Very Active Member

The Houstonian - 25 yards x 25 meters. The Omni in Houston (no lane markings, but it's probably 25 yards).

Private pools, beyond Washington Athletic Club: Olympic Club in SF (short course + 33-1/3 pool); NY Athletic Club (25 yards); Spokane Athletic Club (25 yards), LA Athletic Club (25 yards), among others.

Silicon Valley: Rosewood Sand Hill - no markings in 25-yard pool. Several Sheratons have 20-yard pools, as does the Fairmont in San Jose.

San Diego: Hyatt Regency La Jolla - 25 meters

Here's the best resource: http://www.swimmersguide.com/

Hapuna Prince, Big Island: approx. 50-yard-long oceanfront rig.

Participating Member

The Hyatt in Koloa, Kauai has a 25 yard pool in the Anara Spa section of the hotel. $30 per day for guests of the hotel unless you are staying in that section of the hotel, and then it is complimentary. Lane markers on the bottom and lane lines in the pool. Heavenly setting!

Participating Member

Intercontinental Chicago Magnificent Mile - 505 N. Michigan Avenue. 25 yds, usually two or three lanes w/lane lines.
    JW Marriott Pune India. 25 meters, no lane lines, but empty when I was there.
    Madinat Jumeirah Dubai. 25 meters, 6 lanes

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

The Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center just outside of Washington, D.C. has a 25m (yes, SCM) pool.

You can see a picture of it if you click through the pictures here:
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ention-center/

Negatives:
    3'6" deep pretty much everywhere. I was in fear of knocking my feet and knees on the bottom when I tried SDK.
    A bit too warm. I survived 1000m straight warmup every day I was there, but I was thankful when the guard opened the exterior door.
    No lane lines.
    No lines on the bottom.*

Positives:
    Its there and it really is 25m long. (Well ok I didn't measure it, but it swam like SCM, I paced it off at 82 feet, which converts to 24.99m, and the guard said it is 25m.)
    There is a guard.
    *There is a narrow row of tiles running down the center of the bottom of the pool that ends in a "T" about 3-4 yds form the wall. This makes a pretty reasonable lane marker.
    Small but nice changing room/shower facility.
    Very big fluffy towels!
    Open 5am-9pm. ~7:30 am it was empty. ~8pm is was sufficiently uncrowded to actually get some swimming done.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S View Post
    The Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center just outside of Washington, D.C. has a 25m (yes, SCM) pool.

You can see a picture of it if you click through the pictures here:
    http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ention-center/

Negatives:
    3'6" deep pretty much everywhere. I was in fear of knocking my feet and knees on the bottom when I tried SDK.
    A bit too warm. I survived 1000m straight warmup every day I was there, but I was thankful when the guard opened the exterior door.
    No lane lines.
    No lines on the bottom.*

Positives:
    Its there and it really is 25m long. (Well ok I didn't measure it, but it swam like SCM, I paced it off at 82 feet, which converts to 24.99m, and the guard said it is 25m.)
    There is a guard.
    *There is a narrow row of tiles running down the center of the bottom of the pool that ends in a "T" about 3-4 yds form the wall. This makes a pretty reasonable lane marker.
    Small but nice changing room/shower facility.
    Very big fluffy towels!
    Open 5am-9pm. ~7:30 am it was empty. ~8pm is was sufficiently uncrowded to actually get some swimming done.
    Probably a typo, but the caption under the photo says 24 meters.

Our Junior Olympic-sized, 24-meter lap pool is perfect for families and fitness! In the warmer months it becomes open air as the front doors open to a gorgeous outdoor sundeck and resort-style pool bar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12