Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the cars/bikes/cycles you drive?

What are the cars/bikes/cycles you drive?

OK Tell us if you are a greenie Prius driver or a Vette person!

Blog Entries

Re: What are the cars/bikes/cycles you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    OK Tell us if you are a greenie Prius driver or a Vette person!
    None of the above. Dodge Durango 4x4

Blog Entries

Daily transport: Metra (train) & bike. But also have a Porsche 914/6 in the garage...

Very Active Member

I'd love to have a Prius, but would have to go into debt to buy one, so the vehicle that I share with my better half is a used Chrysler mini-van. No, we don't have kids, he just wants a van to haul around his ever-expanding collection of bikes. I insisted on one we could pay cash for. Apart from the door locks, which seem to be possessed by demons, it runs beautifully.
    I've lost count of his bikes, but I now have four. A Sabatini track bike, which I'll probably sell, a screaming scarlet road bike made by a local frame builder from Reynolds 531 tubing some 20-odd years ago, a 23 year old BRC touring bike with 26" wheels, and a recently purchased Rocky Mountain Metropolis commuting bike, which has disc brakes and an internal 8-speed hub gear. If we have another 40 days and 40 nights of rain in June, as we did last year, I'm ready.

Shank's mare here!

40 days and 40 nights of rain doesn't seem uncommon, any more!

I did lose a bike after a huge rainstorm. Road washed out. I was swimming across deeply flooded fields and trying to drag the bike with me.

Then I got a Peugeot (bike) and felt very classy.

Very Active Member

Most of the time I drive a Honda Ridgeline. 2 days a week, weather permitting, I drive an Acura NSX.
    From the Rolling Stones "Mother's Little Helper" - "What a drag it is getting old....."

Very Active Member

2004 Saturn VUE 2WD w/Ecotec I-4 engine and 5-speed manual. It's been all over the SW USA on camping trips, sailing trips, lake trips, biking trips, and just weekend getaways. Great vehicle, love it! Gets good fuel economy too, I average almost 30 MPG on the way to San Diego from Phoenix...

Bike is a 2004 Specialized Stumpjumper and is a really nice bike. I've ridden it in Mexico (Rosario to Ensenada), Fat Tire Ride (Flagstaff to Grand Canyon), all over Arizona too. This bike has not been to Moab but I would like to take it there sometime. Ditto for Colorado and SoCal. Bike's abilities exceed mine, I have the scars to prove it!

Got both of them within a month of each other...not the best move at the time but I have had them ever since. Good equipment for my needs.
    Doug Adamavich

A 2006 Z51 vette as my daily driver ,my wife's fx 35 , a classic 78 Trans am ,3 trek bikes & a gold wing.

Blog Entries

White Acura TL, Red Convertable Corvette (black soft top), Red and Black Fuji Road Bike
    If you want a place in the sun, you have to put up with a few blisters. Abigail Van Buren

I have an 09 Toyota Corolla that my girlfriend drives to school and I drive to swim meets. We also have an 05 Regular Cab Chevy Truck that gets driven all of about 4000 miles a year... However I spend most of my time pedaling a Specialized TriCross around town.

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Bikes scare me. I have seen too many of my friends tell me "you should do triathalons" and then they follow up with brutal crashes they had when training. Same for motorcycles--the car is always going to win!
    I drive a Ford Taurus that I plan on driving until it can't be driven any more. Already have 107k on it, and its a 2005. I guess that says that I am boring and practical!

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

I'm a Manhattanite. I don't own a car. It's the New York City subway for me.

I drive a Honda CRV that easily holds my Specialized Ruby Pro road bike "Ruby" without having to take her apart. I can fit a couple of bikes into the back of the Honda, stacked 2 deep with a flattened cardboard bike box between them. The Honda gets decent gas mileage; "Ruby" is still more expensive at $/mile especially if she is running on Starbucks lattes as "engine fuel".

Especially this time of year I miss the old "Catmobile" (Honda Civic Del Sol 2-seater convertible that the stray cats "adopted") but it would not work near as well as a bike hauler. Even with the leaky roof it was a fun cheap ride.

I also have the 30-year-old Schwinn Super LeTour12.2, "Rusty", adequate enough in its day but not near as fun as its beloved successor (Ruby) or predecessor, a Fuji Special Road Racer. The movers "lost" the Fuji when I relocated to Texas. I cried. My college bike. They tossed the Fuji into a dumpster so they could fit the rest of my stuff into a small van to save a few bucks.

How many of you give names to your vehicles ?

My wife calls her copper color car "the pumpkin"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nkfrench View Post
    How many of you give names to your vehicles ?
    Yes, my current car is called "Missing Plastic Parts Daily." Others call it a GM product.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aquageek View Post
    Yes, my current car is called "Missing Plastic Parts Daily." Others call it a GM product.
    Hey, there's always the hope GM will fold and you'll have a collector's item on your hands. OK, maybe not.

Blog Entries

Cars:
    2001 Chevrolet Suburban to transport 3 kids, dogs, and assorted gear - or just a week's shopping at Costco.

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, the better to silently mow down unaware pedestrians in parking lots.

Bike:
    Calfee Luna Pro with Campagnolo Chorus, Mavic Ksyrium wheels and Conti Grand Prix tires, Speedplay pedals, Fizik Arione saddle, etc. IMHO this bike is a great value, custom fit and, best of all, made in Santa Cruz (at least the frame):

http://www.calfeedesign.com/luna.htm
    This bush league psyche-out stuff. Laughable, man - ha ha!

Nice bike.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Adamavich View Post
    2004 Saturn VUE 2WD w/Ecotec I-4 engine and 5-speed manual.
    I also have a Saturn Vue, but a 2003 AWD automatic trans w/Opel L81 engine. Driving around town, it typically gets 22-25 MPG (high 20s for the occasional road trip). It has about 65,000 miles on it, and no major issues so far. Fully paid off, and I hope to keep this as long as I can.

Our vehicles look similar; when I swim at evening workouts, a few times I've parked next to Doug and since they are even the same color, it is sometimes amusing.

I have an old Mongoose MGX mountain bike (circa 1998 purchased at Costco) and a Schwinn street bike (circa mid-1980s). I will occasionally ride the mountain bike for puttering around, but did use it to get to work (rode ~2 miles to an express bus to light rail then rode ~1/2 mile to my office). I did a few sprint triathlons in the mid-1990s, where I used the Schwinn.

1998 Grand Cherokee Jeep, the one with the V-8 motor. Spends a lot of time at the mechanic waiting for parts from salvage, once waiting for a friend to buy a module from a salvage in Miami, then bring back here. When not in shop, stays in garage because of low mileage per gallon, in my case 5 kms per liter. But I love the electric stuff like seat adjustments, mirrors and so forth. To compensate for this gas guzzler I do 90% or my transportation, including shopping for small groceries and other in my motorcycle Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom, which gets about 13 km per liter (you do the changing to mpg). Sometimes I borrow my wife's Honda Fit which has an unusual gear box, that doesn't really change gears as it is a continuous motion. I do have a Raleigh bicycle, which I haven't used much lately, due to my aquatic activities in a sailing kayak. Did I mention that I live less than 50 meters from where I work? Hey, I have a direct phone (PBX line) from my workplace.

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast