Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast

Thread: What are the cars/bikes/cycles you drive?

Re: What are the cars/bikes/cycles you drive?

5 inches of really heavy slush and sleet for the 1st try in this winter of the Honda CR-V. It was great in all this stuff!
    All you that saved $200 by not getting all wheel drive watched me go from traffic lights and change lanes without ending up in the ditch -you might want to rethink that!

RAV4! My first car and so great for trips, bike rack, and hauling gear for adventures (and friends)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rav is a god car in the snow and rain. Toyota will run for a long time. Good choice.

Well we just got our Audi Q7 back from the dealer AGAIN.
    They can't find anything wrong in the computer codes to replace parts in the piece of crap car again.
    1, the radio stays on for an hour when you leave the car
    2. the nav screen stays on for a long time after the car is shut off
    3. the hatch will not close when the button is pushed many times
    4. the car will not start when the start button is pushed, yes the fob batteries were replaced
    The car has been in for these before and again now it still does this things. They can't fix what they can't see in the computer.
    Is the computer fried? You think they would replace something. I will never buy an Audi again!!!

Very Active Member

Sorry to hear about the Q7, I know it's frustrating when a car you like just doesn't work right and the dealer can't figure out how to fix it. I'm the go-to guy for car questions in my family and circle of friends. Whenever asked about an Audi, I always reply "great to drive, tough to own. If you absolutely have to have one, lease a new one. Do NOT give in to the temptation to buy it out at end of the lease; let it go back and the likely issues that come with age be somebody else's problem."
    Last edited by Gary P; February 3rd, 2016 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks for the response. We own it and are at 4 years in March. We purchased the extended service for the years 5-6-7 so I guess we will keep it till then sell it . I have been suggested to take to another dealer to see if they are more responsive to our troubles. I can't believe that none of these problems show up the computer code memory. Is this a faulty computer? Can the dealer put in a code to see if it is "remembered?

Very Active Member

I would certainly visit another dealer for the proverbial "second opinion."

I plan on doing that real soon. I can't believe nothing shows up with all the problems my wife's car has and is having!

Blog Entries

Does anyone here have a Subaru Outback/Forester/Legacy? Do you like it? Pros/cons? I keep seeing them on the road and they've really caught my eye lately. I miss having a SUV or larger car to throw toys into. I traded an SUV for a Civic and while I like the gas mileage on it, I just don't get excited about it.
    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it." - Jonathan Winters, actor and comedian

Blog Entries

Hey Flystoms, the Subbies seem to be the unofficial car for the state of Vermont. My brother and his wife both have an Outback - they love them. I've driven them a few times: good storage, stability on the road, and comfortable ride in even the messiest conditions.
    ..<))><

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flystorms View Post
    Does anyone here have a Subaru Outback/Forester/Legacy? Do you like it? Pros/cons?
    2012 Outback is a great vehicle. We all love it. It's a great road-trip car. Handles quite well in rough weather.The heated seats are a nice feature, although perhaps less useful in TX. There are lots of nice small features: split fold-down rear seats allow for carrying long items while still using (part of) the back seats. The flip down table in the back seat makes travel eating less messy. Lots of steering column controls allow the driver to keep hands on the wheel. Definitely get the cruise and delay wipers. Cargo net keeps grocery bags from dumping their contents. Minor gripes: Fuel economy is so-so. The driver-side rear-view mirror has a blind spot so I purchased one of those little convex mirrors and stuck it in the corner of the existing mirror. It's easy to accidentally turn on the emergency flashers when shifting. I'd definitely buy another. We also have a 2013 Imprezza. Not as nice but less expensive and better fuel economy.

Blog Entries

Great, thanks for the thoughts, RX and Karl. The fuel economy is probably the one thing that is a niggling issue on these from what I've seen. But the more I see them, the more they grow on me. Hmm... we'll see.
    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it." - Jonathan Winters, actor and comedian

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by flystorms View Post
    Great, thanks for the thoughts, RX and Karl. The fuel economy is probably the one thing that is a niggling issue on these from what I've seen. But the more I see them, the more they grow on me. Hmm... we'll see.

The fuel economy on the latest models is pretty good. The Legacy lags some of the other mid-size sedans a bit, but that's the price to pay for standard AWD. The Outback & Forester are very competitive with other similar sized CUV's, especially when you compare only AWD models. Not sure what more anyone would expect from a midsize AWD crossover than mid-upper 20s in town, low 30's on the highway.

The 6-cylinder Outback is a little thirstier, but 90+% of people find the 4-cylinder version to have sufficient performance.

A few on our swim team have purchased subaru again and again, so there must be something that they like about them. AWD is a great thing to have in snow areas. Yes the mpg is down a bit ,but the control pays for itself when the snow is on the roads.

OK I bought a 2015 honda CR-V. I am ready to change oil and it has 0 -20 oil in it. I have never heard of oil with 0 viscosity.
    How is that possible? I assume this is a synthetic oil. I will need to ask a Honda tech if Mobil 5 - 30 is ok or if I need to try to find 0-20.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    OK I bought a 2015 honda CR-V. I am ready to change oil and it has 0 -20 oil in it. I have never heard of oil with 0 viscosity.
    How is that possible? I assume this is a synthetic oil. I will need to ask a Honda tech if Mobil 5 - 30 is ok or if I need to try to find 0-20.

Due to ever increasing fuel economy regulations, 0W-20 is becoing pretty common, and will likely soon be the industry standard for engines other than turbocharged, high performance, or other high demand applications. It is a synthetic, and you almost certainly should not substitute 5-30, especially this time of year.

Participating Member

None of the above. Black Toyta RAF4

I guess when 0 - 20 is on sale at costco, I will be buying some. I'm not sure if I believe in the "0" for long term engine wear.

Very Active Member

"0" doesn't mean no viscosity, it's just a number based on a scale that was originally made when nobody envisioned anything thinner than 10 weight for automotive applications. And in an 0W20, the "0" is the Winter number, indicating the flow characteristics at ~-30 degrees. Remember that the oil passage sizes and bearing and ring clearances have all been designed around this specific oil.

Agreed --- just having my old brain adjust to new tech is confusing to me at times. I plan on keeping the honda cr-v for a long time, so I'll follow the specs.

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast