Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast

Thread: What are the cars/bikes/cycles you drive?

Re: What are the cars/bikes/cycles you drive?

I was watching a program on hypercard. One called a koan-something , a 1 to 1. One kilo of wt for one HP.
    Hp was about 1,332 & 1,332 kilos or 2,700 lbs .cost about one million dollars!!

Formula one just finished the 1st Qualifying sessions. What a screwed up mess of 3 sessions!
    Drivers in their cars with 3+ min. to go and then getting out cuz of time to do laps.
    I think they will remind this q rules pack very soon.

HEY!!?? If it stops snowing in April, i might bring out my TA from storage!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    HEY!!?? If it stops snowing in April, i might bring out my TA from storage!
    Same here in VT! last weekend I was able to get the motorcycle out of the shed and into the garage, and she fired up nice! Now waiting for some more warmer temps
    ..<))><

Spring is knocking on the door, and I have convertible fever again. The prices on early Porsche Boxsters are almost as low as an equivalent miata. I'm getting very tempted.
    Last edited by Gary P; April 7th, 2016 at 12:58 PM.

Blog Entries

Do it, Gary! Go for it!
    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it." - Jonathan Winters, actor and comedian

Gary --- maybe with all the extra work hours you can buy that Porsche and drive it to the state meet next week!

Kind of car related... anyone used these seat covers before? Thoughts?

http://www.seatshield.com/product_in...ort-seatshield

Tired of finishing an open water swim, rinsing off, then trying to get dry enough not to soak through a towel on the way home.

Queen - that good for what you need. I will look into some others for you to look at soon made of neoprene like wet suits.

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    Queen - that good for what you need. I will look into some others for you to look at soon made of neoprene like wet suits.
    Thanks.

I looked at some neoprene ones but they didn't have any way to keep them from slip sliding all over my leather seats. I really have to get something though, my new-ish car is starting to smell decidedly funky.

OK - found them.try auto anything.com Look for "cal trend" neoprene seat cover. Advertised as "wetsuit for your seats"
    This comes from Car and Driver magazine. Let me know what works for you .

I had those on my old Jeep Wrangler, they worked great. This time I need quickly removable because I need to go from wet and sandy to business clothes on the same day a few times a week.

Just ordered the EliteSport+ to give it a try, I'll report back once I've given it a go.

Queen,

If you are wet and trying not to get the car seats wet, here is what you need:

A Surf-Fur parka!
    http://www.surf-fur.com/

The parka is made of two layers of fleece, bonded to a middle layer of PTFE (Teflon). Water will not soak through the parka because of the Teflon membrane.

Here is an explanation of the construction:
    http://www.surf-fur.com/pages/waterp...rka-technology

We tested these parkas for SWIMMER magazine and the tester was able to get out of the pool in her wet swimsuit, put on the parka, drive home, and keep the car seats dry.

I bought one of these parkas and it is AWESOME. It also has slits cut through inside the pockets, which allow you to "deck change" while wearing the parka. The parka is also reversible, so if you wear it and get the inside wet, you can turn it inside out and have dry fabric next to your skin again.

Anna Lea Matysek

Very nice, thanks! That would work very well in the winter here.

Blog Entries

I bought inexpensive neoprene disc shaped covers at a Brew Thru at OBX in NC for surfing and getting back in while jammers are wet and have continued to use them after swimming in the summer (I usually take the suit off and change into sweats in the winter) and also use it when leaving the gym when I'm soaked with sweat and haven't showered. Our Ford has leather (or fake vinyl) and they seem to stay in place ok especially for traveling short distances. I bought 4 of them, enough for the other seats for surfing if we're on "safari" with friends. . My wife does not like getting into the car in clothes and sitting in a wet seat!
    Some guys they just give up living and start dying little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up and go racin’ in the street. (Bruce Springsteen, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz View Post
    I bought inexpensive neoprene disc shaped covers at a Brew Thru at OBX in NC for surfing and getting back in while jammers are wet and have continued to use them after swimming in the summer (I usually take the suit off and change into sweats in the winter) and also use it when leaving the gym when I'm soaked with sweat and haven't showered. Our Ford has leather (or fake vinyl) and they seem to stay in place ok especially for traveling short distances. I bought 4 of them, enough for the other seats for surfing if we're on "safari" with friends. . My wife does not like getting into the car in clothes and sitting in a wet seat!
    I get that, started a job about six weeks ago where I have to dress business casual; got to work last week and couldn't figure out the stain on the front of my shirt, eventually I gave it a sniff... sunscreen. As good as it smelled, I need these clothes to look slightly better than my funked out subaru is allowing.

Blame the car !!!

Very Active Member

I purchased a Mazda 6 iSport in January of 2015. It has the 2.5L I4 engine with 185 HP/185 torques and a 6-speed(!) manual transmission. Zoom zoom is apropos for this vehicle, it is quick yet very comfortable. A friend of mine told me is is very stable and smooth even at 100 MPH...

At 15,000 miles it is getting 34.2 MPG(!) and has had zero problems. My only complaint is rear visibility due to the seating position and the angle of the trunk. Just gotta be extra careful when backing up. I give my 6 six stars outta five.
    Doug Adamavich

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Adamavich View Post
    I purchased a Mazda 6 iSport in January of 2015. It has the 2.5L I4 engine with 185 HP/185 torques and a 6-speed(!) manual transmission. Zoom zoom is apropos for this vehicle, it is quick yet very comfortable. A friend of mine told me is is very stable and smooth even at 100 MPH...

At 15,000 miles it is getting 34.2 MPG(!) and has had zero problems. My only complaint is rear visibility due to the seating position and the angle of the trunk. Just gotta be extra careful when backing up. I give my 6 six stars outta five.
    Yep, Japanese autos have good bang for the buck. The modified 04 Mitsubishi turbo sedan I own has 140,000 miles and is still running strong (acceleration that scares passengers) and holding good G's around the turns. Has a few mild dents and scratches but the paint is still healthy and the leather interior looks like it's just a few years old.

Thought I would share my old mountain bike. Don't use it much anymore since there's nowhere to really ride close by, but I bought it in 1993 (23 yrs old) and it's in my garage, ready to ride.

It's a GT Zascar (shimano XT) that I bought with an employee discount while working at a bicycle shop in Ogden Utah.

That's it on the left of the picture which was taken in 1996:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old bike.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	10398

Very Active Member

My Mazda 6 uses 0W-20 oil in it too, which is apparently becomming more popular with high-output engines. The auto parts stores stock it here in AZ but I get the oil changed at the dealership since car is still under warranty.
    Doug Adamavich

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast