Thread: OT: Trophies for Summer League

OT: Trophies for Summer League

Off topic, I know, but does anyone here have any really clever ideas for summer league trophies? We've done the bobble-head thing and the custom team logo thing and the traditional trophy. I'm having a hard time finding anything cute this year! We have 330 kids on our team and may experiment with not engraving each swimmer's name this year to avoid the dreaded "trophy issues" and make distribution more streamlined. Any ideas???

Re: OT: Trophies for Summer League

My wife recently came up with the idea of giving away all of my medals as awards. This seemed to go over pretty well. 330 awards is a lot, but if you have a few masters swimmers with whom you are friends, you may be surprised by how many you can come up with.

I suspect this idea works best when the kids know the people who earned the medals.

Blog Entries

Good gracious! 330 kids? Wow! Most I've had on a team was 100. Hasty Awards makes some really cute trophies. Usually most places are pretty good at getting the name correct. It amazes how they can get long names on the trophy now.

It does mean a ton for a kid to get a trophy, but I do know a coach that suggested a medal that you put around your neck. Kids really seem to like this as well. Also, the medal will add something different to a kid's collection of soccer and basketball trophies. You could just put the name of the swim team and the year on the back of the medal.

Swimming gives me a buzz! Bobinator's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How about cool looking season ending tee-shirts. At the banquet you get alot of permanent markers and let all the kids sign each others shirts!
    They really like to do this, and now they get to wear their trophy!
    For a cheaper budget you could do the same autographing thing with swim caps!

Good replies - thank you for all your ideas. I was thinking about doing something like t-shirts or medals but just wonder if the little ones are dying for their first trophy. Will have to ponder that one. We have quite a few 8 and unders that are new this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gobears View Post
    Good replies - thank you for all your ideas. I was thinking about doing something like t-shirts or medals but just wonder if the little ones are dying for their first trophy. Will have to ponder that one. We have quite a few 8 and unders that are new this year.
    You could always do trophies for all 10 and unders (ages 4 to 10), medals for 11-12 and 13-14, and t-shirts for 15-18.