Thread: Places to swim in Palm Desert/Palm Springs

Very Active Member

Places to swim in Palm Desert/Palm Springs

I will be in that area from July 17-20 visiting relatives and any info would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Re: Places to swim in Palm Desert/Palm Springs

Quote Originally Posted by LonghornbackinTX View Post
    I will be in that area from July 17-20 visiting relatives and any info would be most helpful.

Thanks!
    We pass thru the area on a regular basis so i had looked into this already...I neveer did workout with them but here is the info:

http://www.swimmersguide.com/query/D...fm?PoolID=2415
    I crack myself up. It is jealousy. It is Boredom. I Did not accomplish enough when I was young, and I hate anybody faster/younger than me.

Participating Member

Hi:
    I happen to be from Palm Springs - that's where I live and work. There is the Palm Springs swim center right in he heart of Palm Springs, about a block East of Sunrise, south of Baristo, next to the High School and Library. It's a 50 meter pool that's currently set up for 25 yards (I think they have about 11 lanes last time I counted. If you swim with the Masters in the mornings (Monday thru Friday 5-7am), you'll be swimming long-course. Lap swimming hours are Monday thru Friday 7am to 8:30am and 11-6:30pm, 7pm-9pm for the months of July and August. The number for the Palm Springs Swim center if you want to confirm open swim times, is (760) 323-8278. I hope this helps. My name is Gary, and I generally swim in the afternoons (early afternoons about 1'ish). Beware that from about 3:30pm to 6:30pm all the age group swimmers come, and there are only about 2 or three lanes for lap swimming. It gets really crowded, so try to avoid that time.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by agingpentathlete View Post
    Hi:
    If you swim with the Masters in the mornings (Monday thru Friday 5-7am), you'll be swimming long-course.
    If you could have the Masters coach contact me I would appreciate it! I get a LOT of phone calls for people looking to swim in that area, but since they are not a registered Masters club, I can't refer people to them!

Thanks,
    Last edited by matysekj; April 22nd, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Participating Member

I know this is an old thread but this could be useful info for anyone in the area. The Piranha Masters Team is re-launching in Palm Springs, Palm Desert, and Indio with AM and evening workouts currently and afternoon workouts to come soon. Drop ins are welcome!! More info can be found here: http://www.piranhaswimteam.org/SubTa..._stabid_=33367

Or email admin@piranhaswimteam.org