Thread: Tallahassee

Tallahassee

Was just wondering if any one who reads this board lives in Tallahassee. Is there a master's club that swims on Saturdays?

Lainey

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Tallahassee

We don't have an "official" masters group in Tallahassee, but have 3-4 unofficial ones. On Saturday & Sunday ~10am, there is a group that meets at Meyers Park (Wade Wehunt) Pool. They are not too competitive, but very friendly & welcoming. Admission to the pool is about $3.50, I think.

Re: Tallahassee

thank you so much! Now just to be able to find the time to drive down. My daughter is expecting my fourth grandchild (a little girl) and I've been helping her get everything ready. If anyone would like to come up and swim at the Y in Thomasville, let me know. The indoor pool is old but pretty nice (25 meters, not yards). The outdoor pool is only open to lap swimmers and the kid's swim team, mornings during the summer. Two lanes are suppose to be reserved for lap swimmers in the afternoon, but there are just too many kids in the pool to enjoy a good swim... they tend to come after balls, frizbees, etc thrown into the lap lanes.

Thanks again, E