Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Auburn Invitational

Re: Auburn Invitational

Weather Update from the Auburn Masters site:

WEATHER ISSUES BEING MONITORED: 5:20 P.M. ON THURSDAY FEB. 11TH

FORECASTS FOR AUBURN ARE 3-5 INCHES OF SNOW ON FRIDAY, WITH PRECIPITATION ENDING EARLY EVENING. TEMPERATURES BELOW FREEZING OVERNIGHT. SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ARE PROJECTED TO HAVE CLEAR SKIES AND WEATHER IN THE 40s. THE MEET IS STILL "ON" AT THIS POINT, BUT WE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR CONDITIONS. AMONG OPTIONS BEING CONSIDERED ARE DELAYING START OF EVENTS, MOVING 1650 LATER IN DAY, ETC. NO DECISIONS HAVE BEEN MADE ON EITHER OF THESE OR OTHER OPTIONS. CLASSES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED ON THE AUBURN UNIVERSITY CAMPUS FOR FRIDAY.
    If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else. Yogi Berra

Participating Member

About to get on the road and head to Auburn. Hope they don't cancel this meet.

I think we'll be fine. Btw, I went to Tulane and swam on the team for 5 years. I lived uptown near the university. Where abouts are you?

Drive carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by bmswim View Post
    About to get on the road and head to Auburn. Hope they don't cancel this meet.

Participating Member

I am on the Westbank about 10 minutes from the heart of New Orleans. See you at the meet .

Anybody notice in the revised Psych sheet that Fred Bosquet is now entered in the 50 Free at 19.0.

Dayam. Two 2008 Olympians in this humble little meet.
    Last edited by Glider; February 12th, 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Glider View Post
    Anybody notice in the revised Psych sheet that Fred Bosquet is now entered in the 50 Free at 19.0.

Dayam. Two 2008 Olympian in this humble little meet.
    I can take him!!

And by that you mean, sit on him so he can't swim

ZZZZZZZiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggg

Quote Originally Posted by Lump View Post
    I can take him!!

Blog Entries

And by that you mean, sit on him so he can't swim

ZZZZZZZiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggg
    I'd be first to get on the blocks!

Personally, I'd LOVE to be in his heat. I know I wouldn't get lapped and I know I'd at least be on the same lap as him!

LOL. Exactly my thinking with Gangloff - first on the blocks. It's important to have goals in swimming, right.

I'd be first to get on the blocks!

Personally, I'd LOVE to be in his heat. I know I wouldn't get lapped and I know I'd at least be on the same lap as him!

Blog Entries

Well, GREAT meet put on by the Auburn Masters at a first class facility! I had a great time and a great meet (despite the "iffy" weather getting there Sat)

A couple AMAZING swims by a couple Olympians Fred Bousquet and Mark Gangloff!!! Freddy did a 18.67 (a personal best according to Wikipedia) and Gangloff went 48. in the 100 IM and 52.4 in the 100 Breast. Talk about shot out of a cannon....they ARE torpedos!

BTW, I'll let GLIDER give you the play by play as he got to swim next to Gangloff in the 100 Breast!!

Let's see, here's the short version of the play-by-play...I did ask him to swim on my side of his lane so I could drag off him. He said sure, no problem. He's a nice enough guy. I did beat him onto the block. From there it was all down the tubes.

I mean...as I went to start my first underwater pullout, he was already a full body length ahead. But I still had some hope. Then I took my first breakout stroke, and I think he was already into his first turn. At this point, I was just hoping that he wouldn't lap me on a 100. So he went :52 and I went 1:04. Sheesh

Well, GREAT meet put on by the Auburn Masters at a first class facility! I had a great time and a great meet (despite the "iffy" weather getting there Sat)

A couple AMAZING swims by a couple Olympians Fred Bousquet and Mark Gangloff!!! Freddy did a 18.67 (a personal best according to Wikipedia) and Gangloff went 48. in the 100 IM and 52.4 in the 100 Breast. Talk about shot out of a cannon....they ARE torpedos!

BTW, I'll let GLIDER give you the play by play as he got to swim next to Gangloff in the 100 Breast!!

Blog Entries

It looked like everyone did well. Hope everyone had fun and is getting ready for Nationals!!!
    Donna Hooe
    GAJA/Savannah Masters/GCAT
    Certified Level 2 ASCA Coach

Blog Entries

Participating Member

Here are the new USMS records that Fred Bousquet and Mark Gangloff set at Auburn:

http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com...onal%20Records

Rocket men.

Very Active Member

What a meet!! I was compelled to write an email to Conner Bailey, as I can't imagine what he and his staff went through to put on this meet considering the dicey road conditions on Friday night and Saturday morning. And seemingly without a hitch. Weather nonwithstanding, it seemed as if every detail was addressed. This was my second Auburn meet, and I will be back without a doubt. And what a treat to watch Gangloff and Bousquet -- we definitely got our money's worth!

Participating Member Conner Bailey's Avatar

As anyone who has run a meet before knows, there are a lot of people behind the scenes making it happen, before, during and after the meet. We have a group of people here who enjoy working together and making this great Auburn facility available. I can tell you there is an enormous sigh of relief when the meet is done and all has gone off without any major hitches - or at least hitches that affect swimmers getting ready to race. On behalf of the crew that puts on our annual event, thanks for the positive comments. Get ready for 2011 - we put on two events, our regular SCY Invitational and the LCM Championships. Yowza! Conner

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conner View Post
    As anyone who has run a meet before knows, there are a lot of people behind the scenes making it happen, before, during and after the meet. We have a group of people here who enjoy working together and making this great Auburn facility available. I can tell you there is an enormous sigh of relief when the meet is done and all has gone off without any major hitches - or at least hitches that affect swimmers getting ready to race. On behalf of the crew that puts on our annual event, thanks for the positive comments. Get ready for 2011 - we put on two events, our regular SCY Invitational and the LCM Championships. Yowza! Conner
    Conner, do you know if the results have been submitted for the the USMS database so that they are included for Top 50 results (individual)? Thanks again for a great meet!

Lump, as you probably know, I sent an email to the SE LMSC chair copying Connor to see what the status is...I'll update when I find out more.

Conner, do you know if the results have been submitted for the the USMS database so that they are included for Top 50 results (individual)? Thanks again for a great meet!

Blog Entries

Lump, as you probably know, I sent an email to the SE LMSC chair copying Connor to see what the status is...I'll update when I find out more.
    I emailed him this week directly, they will be up anytime now.

Blog Entries

The uploading of your results will no doubt beat the results from my meet in South Carolina. We all know how long that takes....
    Donna Hooe
    GAJA/Savannah Masters/GCAT
    Certified Level 2 ASCA Coach

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast