Thread: Revoking Sanction Numbers

Question Revoking Sanction Numbers

I am a swimmer and USMS Club coach in the New England LMSC. I have a question for the LMSC chairs and reps in this board. Have any LMSC boards or chairs ever revoked an already approved sanction number? If yes, can you explain why and what the process was for revocation and whether or not the sanction number was reinstated after mitigation? Thanks.

I am trying to gain an understanding behind the process of revocation in your LMSC...e.g. do you require a board vote, does the chair alone reserve the right to pull the sanction number without consultation of the board, etc.

Any information is helpful. Thanks.

-Nate
    In the bottom of a canyon there is a stream.
    In that stream there is a fish.
    And it knows its purpose.

----------------------------
    my team...
    my online workout database...

Paint test area ahead Michael Heather's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Revoking Sanction Numbers

Southern Pacific has not, to my knowledge, revoked a sanction already granted. It has threatened not to award one because of the host's poor prior performance. This was an open water event, not a pool meet.

The LMSC committee voted on the issue, but the Executive board could have done the same thing. The chair has no individual power to do any such thing. That would be inviting corrupt actions, extortion or bribery.
    The opinions expressed in the above post are mine, not those of U.S. Masters Swimming. But maybe they should be.