Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St. Patrick's Day Invitational - Atlanta

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Re: St. Patrick's Day Invitational - Atlanta

Yes, 3 PBs in 3 races for me. I was very happy with the swims. Your breaststroke races were very impressive.

Blog Entries

Great job guys! It was a fast meet, especially in the last heat of each event and the pool was pretty rockin! They need some new lane lines for sure! I think everyone I talked to improved in something so I'm glad to see everyone make progress!

Hope to see you guys at Clemson.

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

I will definitely be at the Clemson meet, since it's in my backyard. (I work at Clemson.)

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Hey guys! Darn, I forgot to look for the other forumites at the meet. I haven't posted on this thread, but I started a few others when I joined Masters, last month. This was my first Masters meet and it was a blast! It had been 31 years since I last competed. So, I was a bit nervous, on Saturday. But, today was a bit better and I had a blast at the end in the relay. All in all, it was a great time!

Thanks to Dynamo for a great meet and all your hard work!

All in all a very good meet. No PBs here (close) unless you count my first and last 400 IM
    I may go the first day of Clemson to swim a couple of 50s...
    If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else. Yogi Berra

Blog Entries

I had a pretty decent meet. A PB in the 50 breast and a PB for Masters in the 100 back. Only swam Saturday (the guy with all the tattoos). Wish I had been more outgoing and tried to put faces to names from the forum. I hope you all had a good meet as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bergsteiger View Post
    I had a pretty decent meet. A PB in the 50 breast and a PB for Masters in the 100 back. Only swam Saturday (the guy with all the tattoos). Wish I had been more outgoing and tried to put faces to names from the forum. I hope you all had a good meet as well.
    Hey Jacob! Thanks for posting on the other thread. I responded there before reading your post here. So, I see you swim breaststroke, too! I looked on the Psych sheet and figured you must be the "Jacob" with the :37 seed time for the 50. How low did you get it down to? How great you did your PB in your events! Now that I have seed times to go by, I hope to do the same in my next meet. Are you going to swim at the West Gwinnett Park SCY Developmental Meet, on April 25? I'm signing up today for it, so if you're there, I'll look for the "guy with all the tattoos".

Blog Entries

Mark, was good seeing you again...and all of the other people I ran into that I have not seen in a couple years...Rob Copeland, Ed Saltzman, James Logan and others...was nice to get back in the water...
    "Your body will go places your mind never thought it would go, as long as you are mentally tough enough to push it, drag it or carry it there." Tracy A. Burkholder

"If it is to be......it is up to me!" Author unknown.... got it off the wall at Westminster School in Atlanta.

Breaststroke - For the swimmer who finds the other strokes too easy!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Glad to see everyone had some great swims. Wish I could have join you guys but hard to coach and swim. Got stuck in the top heat with all the FAST 15-16's. Took 7th in the 100 Fly, had one personal best in the 50 Fly. Yes we actually got to do 50's this time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Nationals. I need a counter for the 1650, any volunteers?
    Donna Hooe
    GAJA/Savannah Masters/GCAT
    Certified Level 2 ASCA Coach

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Nationals. I need a counter for the 1650, any volunteers?
    I'm doing the 1000 so I may be around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    Hey Jacob! Thanks for posting on the other thread. I responded there before reading your post here. So, I see you swim breaststroke, too! I looked on the Psych sheet and figured you must be the "Jacob" with the :37 seed time for the 50. How low did you get it down to? How great you did your PB in your events! Now that I have seed times to go by, I hope to do the same in my next meet. Are you going to swim at the West Gwinnett Park SCY Developmental Meet, on April 25? I'm signing up today for it, so if you're there, I'll look for the "guy with all the tattoos".
    Well I've never swam the 50 Breast before so it was pretty easy to get a PB I went a 35.43 which I was happy with since it is my worst stroke. I will be in Nova Scotia on my honeymoon on April 25 I hope you have a good meet though and I will see you at Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by bergsteiger View Post
    Well I will be in Nova Scotia on my honeymoon on April 25 I hope you have a good meet though and I will see you at Nationals.
    Thanks! And, CONGRATULATIONS! Have a great time on your honeymoon! Nova Scotia is beautiful and I'm sure it will be a fantastic trip for you. Have FUN!

Blog Entries

Results are in the Meet Database so you can now check your "Event Ranking". I thought I was gonna be ranked better than I was....until they had the NE SCY Championships, that meet was FAST!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12