Thread: West Gwinnett Park SCY Meet April 25

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Question West Gwinnett Park SCY Meet April 25

Well, I survived my first Masters meet (St. Pat's) and now I'm hooked and ready for the next one!So, who is going to join me and sign up for the West Gwinnett Park Short Course Yards Developmental Meet? (That's a long name, isn't it?)

My husband and I will be at Auburn University the day before for a crafts show (and it's going to be a loooong one), but I'm going to make the 11/4 drive up for Gwinnett and go for it.

You all know what I look like, so look for me, ok? If you don't recognize me by my photo, I'll be the one in the goofy purple and white Speedo Endurance Training Suit and blue cap. (Hey, it wasn't my favorite looking suit by a long shot, but I got it on sale at swimoutlet.com for $28 and it has lived up to its promise to last "20 times longer" than other Speedo suits!)

See you on April 25th!

Blog Entries

Re: West Gwinnett Park SCY Meet April 25

Its a good meet for those new to Masters or those looking for a "tune up" meet before Nationals. I think most will either go to this meet if they want to stay local or travel to Clemson May 1-2 for that meet as the final one before Nationals.

Participating Member

I just renewed my masters membership so I haven't seen the newsletter for this meet...what are the details exactly?

Thanks

DK

Quote Originally Posted by swimDK View Post
    I just renewed my masters membership so I haven't seen the newsletter for this meet...what are the details exactly?

Thanks

DK
    The West Gwinnett park Short Course Yards Developmental Meet is Sunday, April 25, 9AM (warm-ups).

For meet info., contact:
    Lisa Watson (770) 497-1901
    lwatson@gsc.edu

Participating Member

Smile Re: West Gwinnett Park SCY Meet April 25

Elaine,
    I am still learning this forum stuff, so I hope this gets to you.
    Anyway, I recently competed in my first meet also, the same as you, and I am going to the meet on April 25, as well as nationals in May. I do not have qualifying times, just doing 3 events, 60-64 age group. This competing stuff is a new venture for me, but so far it has been fun. It would be great if we could meet each other on Sunday at the meet. My husband will be with me, so between the two of us maybe we can find you. I do not expect it to be a large meet.

Please let me know if you get this message. Hope to meet you on Sunday!
    Oh, I am also unofficially on Southside Seals also, live in Peachtree City, but practice on my own. Maybe we can work out some carpooling for Nationals. I have a 3 day park pass if that helps. I am swimming on Fri/Sat/Sun

Joyce Larson

Blog Entries

I hope to see both of you at Nationals. Good luck in the meet this weekend.
    Donna Hooe
    GAJA/Savannah Masters/GCAT
    Certified Level 2 ASCA Coach

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate54 View Post
    Elaine,
    I am still learning this forum stuff, so I hope this gets to you.
    Anyway, I recently competed in my first meet also, the same as you, and I am going to the meet on April 25, as well as nationals in May. I do not have qualifying times, just doing 3 events, 60-64 age group. This competing stuff is a new venture for me, but so far it has been fun. It would be great if we could meet each other on Sunday at the meet. My husband will be with me, so between the two of us maybe we can find you. I do not expect it to be a large meet.

Please let me know if you get this message. Hope to meet you on Sunday!
    Oh, I am also unofficially on Southside Seals also, live in Peachtree City, but practice on my own. Maybe we can work out some carpooling for Nationals. I have a 3 day park pass if that helps. I am swimming on Fri/Sat/Sun

Joyce Larson
    Hi Joyce! Welcome to the world of USMS forums. You are now officially a "Forumite"! I was new to this stuff, too, when I joined Masters, in February, but you will catch on quickly! Then, you will probably start using all these cute little smiles like I am, just for the heck of it.

Anyway, thanks for posting! And, welcome to the world of swim competition, too. I hadn't competed since high school (1979), so it's almost like being new to me, too. Did you feel like a deer in headlights at your first meet like I did? I was in the St. Pat's meet and was so nervous the first day. By the end of the second day, I was really having a great time; especially in the mixed relay with three other Southside Seals (Rob Copeland being one of them).

So, we're in the same boat! This will be our second meet, then we'll be doing Nationals. We'll have a lot to talk about!

Finding me on Sunday will be EASY, because I'll probably be the only one in a purple and white training Speedo! I'm not sure if my husband is joining me on Sunday, but I'll look for you. What events will you be swimming so I know where to look? I'll be swimming only breaststroke events.

As for Nationals, I'll be swimming the same days. I live at Sun City Peachtree, in Griffin, so PTC is out of the way for carpooling. But, maybe we can figure something out on Sunday.

See you then!

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    I hope to see both of you at Nationals. Good luck in the meet this weekend.
    Hey Donna! Thanks!! Aren't you going to be there this Sunday? If not, I'll look forward to meeting you at Nationals!

Participating Member

Hi Elaine,

Glad to see that my post made it to you.
    On Sunday I am swimming 50 breast, 50 and 100 free 50 back and 25 choice.
    Not sure I will end up doing all of them if there is not enough rest between events.

See you Sunday!

Joyce

Blog Entries

Between now and Nationals I don't plan to compete except as a backup for a relay at a triathlon next weekend. One of my swimmers is currently planning to swim but if she gets scared at the last minute, coach will do it.

See you at Nationals.
    Donna Hooe
    GAJA/Savannah Masters/GCAT
    Certified Level 2 ASCA Coach

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate54 View Post
    Hi Elaine,

Glad to see that my post made it to you.
    On Sunday I am swimming 50 breast, 50 and 100 free 50 back and 25 choice.
    Not sure I will end up doing all of them if there is not enough rest between events.

See you Sunday!

Joyce
    Great meeting you, today, Joyce! That was a fun meet, wasn't it? I have your contact info., so I'll be in touch, but I just wanted to post one last time here, before this thread dies.

Thanks to Lisa and all the volunteers for doing a great job today!
    I really enjoyed the AWESOME facility, the meet itself, and the entire experience of it. What a great opportunity to get some races in before Nationals! (Besides, it was ALSO fun to improve on my St. Pat's times. I took 1+ second off my 50 breast and almost two seconds each off my 100 breast & 200 breast. )

See y'all at Nationals! Goooooo GAJA!!

Participating Member

Elaine,

Well I am unable to locate the papers I had clipped your info to that you gave me at the meet.

So needless to say this is the only way I have to contact you. If you don't mind, when you have a minute could you send your info to me via email?

I turned in my name for relays at nationals, so I am not sure if I will hear anything on that. But we are swimming individual events that are in similar time lines so the carpool thing could work out, depending on the relays.

Have a great weekend,
    Joyce