Thread: Has anyone created "Hosting LMSC worksheets"?

Blog Entries

Has anyone created "Hosting LMSC worksheets"?

Convention 2010 will be in North Texas this fall. To avoid recreating the wheel, does any LMSC (or national, for that matter) have anything like "LMSC worksheets"? I am looking for something that would be grid-like encompassing the entire time of convention, with volunteers, duties, and notes per time slot. Is there already a template?

Paint test area ahead Michael Heather's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Has anyone created "Hosting LMSC worksheets"?

It has been tried several times, but to various degrees of success. This is sometimes due to locals' misunderstanding of the role of USMS at the convention, sometimes other stuff.

The net result is that yes, the wheel needs to be reinvented, to some extent, every year whether or not we want it to happen. Even though it would seem repetitive, there is something different every year at every convention hotel. Mostly, USMS needs a flock of volunteers to be hosts for the hospitality suite at various times during the convention (especially at night) and some local volunteers with vans or trucks to go shopping 2 or 3 times. Contact our national convention coordinator, Victor Buehler, or ask me. Always happy to help.
    The opinions expressed in the above post are mine, not those of U.S. Masters Swimming. But maybe they should be.