Is one supposed to pull differently in freestyle for shorter distances (50/100) vs. middle distance (400,800)?
I have two pulls I have been working on.
- feels like I am catching a ton of water
- elbow drops a bit lower
- shoulder fatigues after about 100 m
- difficult to practice with since I get tired
- doesn't pull as much water
- more of an aid to body rotation
- can swim longer distances without getting tired
It's hard to get much yardage in when I am doing pull A because I get tired quickly. Just wondering if most people pull differently or if there is something I am doing wrong in my stroke that is wearing me out. Even if I go at a slow pace I will get tired with pull A.