Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Best nose clip?

  1. #1
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    217

    Best nose clip?

    Well, I had to finally get out of denial--swimming for 25+ years has caused chronic sinusitis, sinus infections, etc. every year. I had to stop swimming for 3 months and for the first time I felt "normal." So I am back in the pool, this time trying nose clips. Can anyone recommend a comfortable nose clip that will not slip off? Latex? Silicone? So many to choose from. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Very Active Member swimshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Stuck between a Wookiee and a Stud.
    Posts
    2,512

    Re: Best nose clip?

    I have to use one when I use my snorkel. The best advice I can say is make sure what ever you use is not clear colored! I had one that was and when it slipped off, I couldn't find it. Now I have pink ones

  3. #3
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    217

    Re: Best nose clip?

    Quote Originally Posted by swimshark View Post
    I have to use one when I use my snorkel. The best advice I can say is make sure what ever you use is not clear colored! I had one that was and when it slipped off, I couldn't find it. Now I have pink ones
    Thanks, I never would've thought of that. I am definitely ordering a pretty pink or purple one. lol.

  4. #4
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Huntingdon, UK
    Posts
    27

    Re: Best nose clip?

    I made the same leap in December and I feel really good about it. I can sleep at night, don't sneeze during the day and it only took me about a month to really get used to a nose clip.

    The biggest break through is really enjoying back stroke now!

    My favourite is a Speedo metal one which is really strong. I have several of the plastic ones as well but they seem to snap. I have quite a big nose I suppose! the trouble is I can't seem to find the metal ones for sale in the UK anymore. Can you get them in the States??

  5. #5
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    217

    Re: Best nose clip?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5out6aintbad View Post
    I made the same leap in December and I feel really good about it. I can sleep at night, don't sneeze during the day and it only took me about a month to really get used to a nose clip.

    The biggest break through is really enjoying back stroke now!

    My favourite is a Speedo metal one which is really strong. I have several of the plastic ones as well but they seem to snap. I have quite a big nose I suppose! the trouble is I can't seem to find the metal ones for sale in the UK anymore. Can you get them in the States??
    I haven't seen metal clips. Sounds like they would hurt. Only the latex and silicone. Unless you mean the clippy part is metal, but the "pads" are actually latex or silicone? We do have metal ones like that. I am pretty sure Speedo makes them, but will check for you.

  6. #6
    sprint diva The Fortress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    8,033
    Blog Entries
    1666

    Re: Best nose clip?

    I use these: http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/3951.htm.

    The silicon ones didn't seem to stay on as well for me.

    Get several pairs; they're easily lost.

  7. #7
    Very Active Member Karen Duggan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Clayton, CA
    Posts
    1,890
    Blog Entries
    75

    Re: Best nose clip?

    I use pink and yellow Speedo ones.
    K.Duggan

  8. #8
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    217

    Re: Best nose clip?

    Thanks for the responses! I used my pretty pink silicone Speedos today and they never came off once! I actually got used to it pretty quick - it felt great not to get any water up the sinuses, and today the pool was soooo heavily chlorinated, I feel like I swam in Clorox bleach. I may also order the ones Fortress uses. They look pretty secure. I have to remember not to put moisturizer on the nose before going in the pool.

  9. #9
    Very Active Member joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Karmiel, Israel
    Posts
    168

    Re: Best nose clip?

    I use:

    http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1742.htm

    They are comfortable and don't slip off..

  10. #10
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    217

    Re: Best nose clip?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5out6aintbad View Post
    I made the same leap in December and I feel really good about it. I can sleep at night, don't sneeze during the day and it only took me about a month to really get used to a nose clip.

    The biggest break through is really enjoying back stroke now!

    My favourite is a Speedo metal one which is really strong. I have several of the plastic ones as well but they seem to snap. I have quite a big nose I suppose! the trouble is I can't seem to find the metal ones for sale in the UK anymore. Can you get them in the States??
    YOu can find metal ones (Bettertimes) on swimoutlet.com
    Also, by the posts on this thread, speedo also makes metal ones.

  11. #11
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    217

    Re: Best nose clip?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I use:

    http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1742.htm

    They are comfortable and don't slip off..
    They are cool looking as well. Thx Joshua!

  12. #12
    Very Active Member joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Karmiel, Israel
    Posts
    168

    Re: Best nose clip?

    Quote Originally Posted by renie View Post
    They are cool looking as well. Thx Joshua!
    And cheap. BTW, I use the clear version - don't want to look like a dork. I'm known to be very cool I haven't lost a clear one yet but, judging from past experience, a nose clip will eventually get lost no matter what the color. That's why I recommend you buy two.

  13. #13
    Very Active Member Lump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    1,158
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Best nose clip?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress View Post
    I use these: http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/3951.htm.

    The silicon ones didn't seem to stay on as well for me.

    Get several pairs; they're easily lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I use:

    http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1742.htm

    They are comfortable and don't slip off..
    These are two I use in practice for UW 25's on my back and in competition (50 or 100 back). Both work fine for me.

  14. #14
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    217

    Re: Best nose clip?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    And cheap. BTW, I use the clear version - don't want to look like a dork. I'm known to be very cool I haven't lost a clear one yet but, judging from past experience, a nose clip will eventually get lost no matter what the color. That's why I recommend you buy two.
    I sometimes slip into a dork moment, having ordered the pink as well as a matching cap. Uggh, what was I thinking? I don't think my speedo silicone came in clear, but I am going to order the ones you recommend in clear for my "cool" days.

Similar Threads

  1. What next, nose clip?
    By smontanaro in forum General Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: September 9th, 2010, 07:32 AM
  2. Nose clip?
    By anita in forum General Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 24th, 2008, 03:40 PM
  3. Nose clip
    By zeebie in forum General Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 4th, 2005, 03:11 PM
  4. nose plug or no nose plug
    By zeebie in forum General Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 31st, 2005, 03:27 PM
  5. Nose Clip
    By bearcat in forum General Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 26th, 2002, 04:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •