Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: USMS Code of conduct VS. USMS Free For All Forum

Re: USMS Code of conduct VS. USMS Free For All Forum

Ah, thank you Rob, you already did a marvelous job at getting me up to speed on the forum rules

If you wish, you may disclose to the forumites that I never asked you to lock a thread.

If locking a thread is the only means of moderating here, than my apologies, I was unaware what it is I was asking for. Mostly I wanted the SPMA and NOVA bashing and excessive negative opining curtailed to a lower level.

Most places that i frequent, when a moderator PM's members whose posts ahev been reported offensive, and asks them to tone it down a notch or two, people actually do it.

I have to apologize, it is completely my bad for assuming that's how it works around here too. I'm not qute used to frequenting places as liberal as this one.
    -Connie
    I'd rather be swimming http://www.mastersmvnswim.org/

Quote Originally Posted by swimnjim View Post
    That is a totally loaded question Mr. Past President...
    I know he is, he had once made a mistake of appointing me the chair of the infamous and now defunct marketing commitee, way back when. I was mean to him back then too.

I'm glat that committee is gone, it was my final recommendation to disband it. Looks like Rob Butcher finally did it.
    -Connie

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress View Post
    I was being sarcastic.
    No, no *you*, of all people.

That's.
    Just.
    Scandalous.
    -Connie

Quote Originally Posted by mindy View Post
    I am pretty new to forums, and weigh in usually with something funny, or at least I think it is funny. But I must say that lately, a few threads have been a little nasty, with many "insider references" These threads have certainly left a bad feeling for a newcomer to all of this. So I ask all of you this question? When you post, are you presenting USMS in a way that would encourage vistors to the threads to want to become a member? Are we showing a maturity level and a conduct that is becoming to a USMS memeber. Are we being encouageing in our talks even if they get heated.to show compassion for differing opinions? We hopefully are all adults, and I would hope that we all by this time have learned to filter our comments, so that someone does not have to do it for us. What does MASTER mean? The definition is pretty interesting!
    My particular favorite is "Death to Noodlers". I am sure about a quarter of our team would be delighted to find out that they may just fall into the annoing and better off dead noodler category. I tink that would be an excellent way to motivate them to hurry up and get in shape and get with the program already.

They're such a waste of pool space, which should be reserved just for us who think we're really good swimmers.
    -Connie

Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee View Post
    Nope. If I was, I would have banned Geek a long time ago for his comments on my beautiful locks of fur.
    I'm afrad that with me on the other side, whomever tried to step in and create ballance is likely would get killed.... or at least noodled to death.
    Poor Rob already has kitteh claw marks in his rump. You should be kind and not subject him to more. While he really IS a past president, there's no reason to hurt him over that.

I will be glad to serve as one, if they need another one. I can be fair and balanced on issues of behavior.
    Why, I noticed taht if I tilt my head just right, almost a vertically flipped mirror image of what's in my avatar, you actually do look, umm... somewhat balanced.
    Last edited by Conniekat8; July 31st, 2010 at 06:45 PM.
    -Connie

Quote Originally Posted by aquageek View Post
    I was just surprised to see there are forums for cat lovers and scrapbookers. Talk about kooks and weirdos.
    Now that's the spirit. I bet your marvelous manhood just went up a notch or two. Consider repeating that few more times, your ego will soar.

[no charge for that spiritual advice]
    -Connie

You mean the irrelevant kooks, weirdos, geeks, bashers, and oddballs that bad kitty so kindly refers to?

I never knew we could "cuss" on this forum ... I can't believe all the missed opportunities ...
    Sweetie pie, Bad Kitty is my nickname. If you really want to insult me, you're better off calling me something nice. Then may actually confuse me for a minute.
    -Connie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conniekat8 View Post
    Poor Rob already has kitteh claw marks in his rump. You should be kind and not subject him to more. While he really IS a past president, there's no reason to hurt him over that.

I am kind. What on earth are you talking about? I treat people like geek with the utmost respect that a person of his statue expects.

Rob is past president??? Wow..no way...I didn't know that about him.

Rob is past president??? Wow..no way...I didn't know that about him.
    Yea, well, now that you know, no sucking up, the way Jim Wheeler does.

Oh, and guess what, our current President, Jeff Moxie.... SPMA guy. Don't you just love that?
    That's probably why all the turmoil, SPMA is bursting at the seams form all the power concentrated down here.

-Connie

Very Active Member Chris Stevenson's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My particular favorite is "Death to Noodlers".
    I think that's a little unfair. It isn't a thread I feel compelled to follow but on the few times I have glanced at it, it is obvious people are relieving their frustrations by blowing off steam. It isn't a secret that there can be friction between recreational lap swimmers -- many of whom resent having to share lanes -- and some masters swimmers, who are pretty accustomed to the practice.

I think this is a different thing than deliberate rudeness to another poster, which I absolutely admit can be happen here, though I think it is not the norm.

Rob & Jim, I didn't realize there were multiple moderators of this forum, I think that is a great idea (both to give Jim a break and to give different opinions when needed).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson View Post
    I think that's a little unfair.
    Hey, no sweat, it all allowed here, no biggie. I think I'll point the noodling USMS members from my team to the thread so they can see what kind of frustration they've been causing.

Maybe they'll starta a thread of their own... Death to elitists and speed cultists or soething like htat or something to that effect. The more the merrier. Noodlers too get annoyed.

We love different opinions around here, they should all get equal time. We have to *make* our noodlers buy USMS membership so we could get insured. I think it's only fair they too get some forum bang for their buck too.

It's all good, it's allowed. You should see our "Lane Two Nooner Ladies" few feisty 60 and 70 and 80 year olds. I just know they can run circles around the best 'opiners' aroung here. They're old and out of shape, they've seen it all, including a lot of things most of people here haven't seen yet. They're probably already reading anyways, they always seem to know what's going on.
    -Connie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Conniekat9
    No, no *you*, of all people.

That's.
    Just.
    Scandalous.
    So sarcasm is forbidden on your proposed forum? Are humor or irreverence or trash talking disallowed as well? And no more cantankerous disagreements on tech suits or the purity of swimmimg or Title IX? It's decorum according to your by laws, which from your recent posts seem to include name calling, insults, threats of litigation, belittling, name dropping and assertions of superiority on virtually every topic?

This forum has threads of all different varieties covering myriad topics, and the blogs and
    workout sections (which people also comment on) are excellent resources. Yes, sometimes there is strong disagreement, but a "cesspool"?! No, that's what gives the forums color. I'd take our so-called cesspool over your bland and sanitized DYKWIA version (where only you are allowed to sling insults with impunity) any day.
    Last edited by The Fortress; July 31st, 2010 at 09:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Now that's the spirit. I bet your marvelous manhood just went up a notch or two. Consider repeating that few more times, your ego will soar.

[no charge for that spiritual advice]

How can you possibly say things like this and then make accusations against us?

Swimming gives me a buzz! Bobinator's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Conniekat8,

Please do not bash the forum!
    I find this forum one of the best ways I know of to get good stroke advice, ask any type swimming questions I have, and view/copy the wonderful workouts posted by several of the finest coaches out there in swim land.
    The great thing about a forum-type program is I can choose to read whatever I want and leave it at that. Anything I consider rude, trite, or unsavory I can ignore and believe me I do!
    Some threads (noodler) are basically just giving swimmers a chance to vent their frustration due to aborted workouts caused by non-swimmers in the lap swimming lanes. It is a frustrating thing to know at any time a non-swimmer can hop into the middle of your lane and squelch your workout opportunity just because it's their right to be there. It's kind of like me going in the gym in the middle of a basketball game, throwing my yoga mat on the center circle and breaking in to a medley of Sun Salutations!
    HTFU!

So sarcasm is forbidden on your proposed forum?
    Only if I give you a special pass
    *muaaaaahahahahahahahaha*

*Kitty nearly passes out in a power-tripping bliss*
    -Connie

How can you possibly say things like this and then make accusations against us?
    Actually, I made the accusations first, but the moderators set me straigh about opining etcetera.
    Now I'm jus' trying to fit in.
    Trying to act all prim and proper was too hard anyway.

I feel so... liberated!

oh, oops, I think that was my bra...
    brb
    -Connie

Swimming gives me a buzz! Bobinator's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I shall now exercise my right to leave this thread! Childish and inappropriate!
    HTFU!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
    Hi Conniekat8,

Please do not bash the forum!
    I'm not bashing, I'm opining, I just learned it a thread the other day, it's allowed, and very liberating.

Don't get all cry baby one me now if you don't like it, or wookie's gonna wookie you all over the forum.
    -Connie

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator View Post
    I shall now exercise my right to leave this thread! Childish and inappropriate!
    Ah, now we're getting somewhere, does that mean whan people other them are doing it, it's childish and inappropriate too?

Yea, you may not want to answer that, better to take the fifth while your friends are watching.
    -Connie

Very Active Member Thrashing Slug's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You know the best way to deal with trolls is to simply ignore them.

Oh, and I like this forum. The moderators are doing fine. Don't change anything.
    -
    "The consciousness of self is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action." -- Bruce Lee

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast