Thread: Anything going on in DelVal?

Anything going on in DelVal?

There doesn't seem to be much activity in the Del Val forum. I'd like to read more about upcoming meets that I can prepare for this year.

Blog Entries

Re: Anything going on in DelVal?

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    There doesn't seem to be much activity in the Del Val forum. I'd like to read more about upcoming meets that I can prepare for this year.

check DV Masters Web Site for updates. Right now, there are just the Open water Events down the Jersey Shore. You probably won't see any meets posted on the site til October. We probably won't have any meets in the fall. We usually have one in Boyertown in January as well as a limited schedule of events meet in Pottstown. One in February or two and a few in March.
    Delware Valley Chair, Top Ten Recorder, DV LMSC Records
    http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?u=2837

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    While it is not technically in the "Delaware Valley" LMSC, there will be a meet at the Sussex County (NJ) Y on Oct. 9. The details and entry form can be found here:
    http://www.sussexcountyymca.org/User...Oct%202010.pdf
    I went last year. It was a small but well run meet. The pool isn't anything special. They kept one lane open for warm-up/cool-down during the entire meet, which was nice. The facility was clean and well maintained. I liked that the meet was in the afternoon too. That way I don't have to get up early and worry about whether what I ate for breakfast is going to digest well before I race. It is a solid 3 hour drive from Philly, but it is probably less than 2 from your place.

Blog Entries

Check the Delaware Valley LMSC Site periodically for updates. A new meet entry form has been posted.

Very Active Member

No Boyertown meet this year?
    Hey Ho
    Lets Go!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by art_z View Post
    No Boyertown meet this year?
    We haven't heard anything about it yet. You think that they would have sent it to the Sanctions Chair by now.

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt View Post
    We haven't heard anything about it yet. You think that they would have sent it to the Sanctions Chair by now.
    I got my meet info via email the day after I posted this. Go figure!
    Hey Ho
    Lets Go!

Very Active Member jim thornton's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hola, Comrades. I live in Pittsburgh but have recently joined 1776. I am dedicating myself to colonizing the heathens and savages out here and converting them to loyal subjects of Delaware Valley, in preparation for AMAM being annexed by the Monarchy! God save the Queen! When the annexing is complete, I hope you will consider making me the Governor of the Steeler Territories. Thank you.

Your humble servant,

James Scott Thornton, Yeoman

Participating Member
    Blog Entries

I am also originally from the Pittsburgh area, but have moved to the Delaware Valley area, Cherry Hill, NJ. I am part of Philadelphia Aquatic and Fitness Center team. I am also the Marketing Chairperson for Delaware Valley USMS. I have a page on facebook, that you can request to join. We have a lot of upcoming meets scheduled in both Feb. and March. Check out www.dvmasters.org using the events tab. If you have any questions on where people practice, hopefully, I can answer them. Pamela Shepard