Thread: Eric Shanteau's Swim 4 Your Life open water clinic/swim

Very Active Member

Eric Shanteau's Swim 4 Your Life open water clinic/swim

Hi all,

I am helping to coordinate volunteers for the Eric Shanteau Swim4Your Life clinic/open water swim at Lake Lanier on September 18 & 19. We are in need of volunteers in a number of areas for those two days. Here are the needs and brief descriptions of duties:

Staff volunteers (4): Staff Volunteers will work directly with the staff. They will be a "runners" for anything that might be needed on event day. 95% of errands will be on site.

Race director assistants (2): Race Director Volunteers will work directly with the race director. He might need help with coordinating with the boats in the water, timing, etc. Essentially the same job as staff volunteers.

Clinic day registration (10): These people will help get people checked in and ready to go on clinic day.

Race day registration (10): These people will help get people checked in and ready to go on race day.

Awards (3): Will work to get awards organized and help pass awards out.

Timers (4): Will work with staff to get the times/ places of finishers coming out of the water.

The volunteers on clinic day and race day would need to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the events. Awards volunteers would need to arrive at 8 a.m. All volunteers will receive a T-shirt and will be very much appreciated!

Here is a link to the event page:
    http://www.shanteauopenwater.com/

If you would like to help and/or have any questions, please PM me with your contact info. Thanks so much for your help!

Kristin

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Re: Eric Shanteau's Swim 4 Your Life open water clinic/swim

Quote Originally Posted by want2beafish View Post
    Hi all,

I am helping to coordinate volunteers for the Eric Shanteau Swim4Your Life clinic/open water swim at Lake Lanier on September 18 & 19. We are in need of volunteers in a number of areas for those two days. Here are the needs and brief descriptions of duties:

Staff volunteers (4): Staff Volunteers will work directly with the staff. They will be a "runners" for anything that might be needed on event day. 95% of errands will be on site.

Race director assistants (2): Race Director Volunteers will work directly with the race director. He might need help with coordinating with the boats in the water, timing, etc. Essentially the same job as staff volunteers.

Clinic day registration (10): These people will help get people checked in and ready to go on clinic day.

Race day registration (10): These people will help get people checked in and ready to go on race day.

Awards (3): Will work to get awards organized and help pass awards out.

Timers (4): Will work with staff to get the times/ places of finishers coming out of the water.

The volunteers on clinic day and race day would need to arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the events. Awards volunteers would need to arrive at 8 a.m. All volunteers will receive a T-shirt and will be very much appreciated!

Here is a link to the event page:
    http://www.shanteauopenwater.com/

If you would like to help and/or have any questions, please PM me with your contact info. Thanks so much for your help!

Kristin
    Kristin, I'm sorry I won't be able to help out, because it sounds terrific! My husband and I will be selling our crafts at a festival that weekend, in Peachtree City. Good luck and have fun!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Very Active Member

Re: Eric Shanteau's Swim 4 Your Life open water clinic/swim

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    Kristin, I'm sorry I won't be able to help out, because it sounds terrific! My husband and I will be selling our crafts at a festival that weekend, in Peachtree City. Good luck and have fun!
    Good luck to you as well, Elaine -- sounds like fun! Thanks for responding!

Kristin