Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Swim happy

Blog Entries

Re: Swim happy

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    Way to go, Bill! Doesn't it feel great to be able to swim that well against a high school stud?
    Yeah, it was fun racing the guy. The weird thing is that my butterfly has improved since I sprained my ankle. Perhaps because I am more aware of my legs since the sprain this past Sunday.

Almost forgot, I had just finished swimming 1500 meters before that little 200 IM race. Just to put that into perspective.
    Last edited by Bill Sive; August 7th, 2015 at 07:48 PM.

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Told to me by two ladies at the pool today in my adult community: "Last week during water aerobics class, one of the ladies was watching you do your yoga exercises after you swam and said, "I've seen that young girl at the pool before. She must be visiting her GRANDparents this summer.' " (I'm 54, and I will be a senior citizen in January!)

http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Swimmers, do you have a "Swim Happy" to post? I thought I would bump this thread to see what successes you have had in the pool.

For me, I am VERY happy, because I took four seconds off my 200 Breaststroke at last weekend's Sewanee Masters Invitational. It's my best time in four years for that event! As an extra bonus, it was my 5th event of the day after racing 200 fly, 50 Breast, 400 IM, and 200 Back.

I just checked out Swimosaur's Motivational Times Chart, and I have moved up to an "A".

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Blog Entries

Great job in moving up to an A time. Yay for you, Elaine!

My swim happy is finding a team now that I moved to Memphis. I tried out a few, but when I found the Memphis Masters Club, I knew I was home. It's a great atmosphere and a good coach. It helps to make the settling in a new city a little easier.
    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it." - Jonathan Winters, actor and comedian

Quote Originally Posted by flystorms View Post
    Great job in moving up to an A time. Yay for you, Elaine!

My swim happy is finding a team now that I moved to Memphis. I tried out a few, but when I found the Memphis Masters Club, I knew I was home. It's a great atmosphere and a good coach. It helps to make the settling in a new city a little easier.

Thanks, Fly!
    Welcome to your new city, home of the Blues. Enjoy your new team and town!

Blog Entries

My recent "swim happy": Coach promoted me to the faster lane!

Quote Originally Posted by ssumargo View Post
    My recent "swim happy": Coach promoted me to the faster lane!
    Way to go!

Blog Entries

I got a great compliment for me and my old coaches from my new coach this morning. He asked about my swimming background. When I told him it was really a year in HS (1986), then in only the swimming I've done since joining masters 4ish years ago, he was surprised. He said my freestyle had really good technique. Yay! I did pass that on to my last coaches since they had a major part in it.
    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it." - Jonathan Winters, actor and comedian

Quote Originally Posted by flystorms View Post
    I got a great compliment for me and my old coaches from my new coach this morning. He asked about my swimming background. When I told him it was really a year in HS (1986), then in only the swimming I've done since joining masters 4ish years ago, he was surprised. He said my freestyle had really good technique. Yay! I did pass that on to my last coaches since they had a major part in it.
    That's a great compliment! Congratulations!

Participating Member

I'm in a competition type of thing to swim at least 30 minutes a day for 30 days in a row in March and so far I've made it! I'm swimming early in the morning, which is EXTREMELY unusual for me, so it's almost more impressive that I've gotten up with my alarm clock at 4:50 for 15 days in a row (well, not on weekends!) than it is that I've done the swimming

Quote Originally Posted by polka_stripes View Post
    I'm in a competition type of thing to swim at least 30 minutes a day for 30 days in a row in March and so far I've made it! I'm swimming early in the morning, which is EXTREMELY unusual for me, so it's almost more impressive that I've gotten up with my alarm clock at 4:50 for 15 days in a row (well, not on weekends!) than it is that I've done the swimming
    It sounds like you have established a GOOD habit. Keep it up!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223