Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Swim happy

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Re: Swim happy

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    Swimosaur, YOUR post makes me happy!

My recent swim happy is that I am finally back up to ~5000 per practice again. And I'm getting my speed back. It's been a rough year, but I'm on my way back!

Hey Celestial, that's great! Way to go!!

It looks as if we have switched places. On the 19th, I am having an arthrogram MRI done on my hip. Hopefully, I won't need surgery; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I'm operating on three cylinders, since I can't do much in the way of kicking with my right leg. Breaststroke kicking is completing out of the question.

At least I can still swim!
    Just don't look for me to "race" at Dixie Zone SCM Championships. I'll be swimming my races, not racing them. (If I must have surgery, it will be scheduled for after ​December 14th!)
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post

It looks as if we have switched places. On the 19th, I am having an arthrogram MRI done on my hip. Hopefully, I won't need surgery; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, I'm operating on three cylinders, since I can't do much in the way of kicking with my right leg. Breaststroke kicking is completing out of the question.

Just don't look for me to "race" at Dixie Zone SCM Championships. I'll be swimming my races, not racing them. (If I must have surgery, it will be scheduled for after ​December 14th!)
    Hi Elaine, will be thinking about you and keeping fingers crossed that no surgery will be necessary! Good luck

Good luck.I certainly hope you don't need surgery.Keep well and be careful.
    "To strive,to seek,to find,and not to yield" Tennyson
    Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Stark View Post
    Good luck.I certainly hope you don't need surgery.Keep well and be careful.
    ​Thanks, King Frog!

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Blog Entries

It looks as if we have switched places. On the 19th, I am having an arthrogram MRI done on my hip.
    Thanks Elaine - sorry about your hip. I have some hip issues myself, with "bilateral trochanteric bursitis" - which basically is a pain, but fortunately does not impact my swimming, just my walking and sleeping (can't sleep on my side). All these ailments are just proof we're still on this side of the grave, so a good thing, I suppose!

I have won the race with a cousin to freestyle 4 rounds

Raced 50 fly again. 4 second PB in 2 weeks. Turned my pretend 1992 Paralympic bronze medal into a pretend silver one - and won myself an actual 2014 bronze medal (racing state and National level para-swimmers). Missed the Masters Motivational B time for my age group by hundredths - clearly have to try again...
    Swimmer & triathlete with cerebral palsy

Very Active Member

Today my swim happy was 8 sets of 5 x 25's on :40. It was ultra short and race paced, but not really true to USRPT. I had been itching for something truly sprinty and this certainly fit the bill.

On the 19th, I am having an arthrogram MRI done on my hip. Hopefully, I won't need surgery; I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yesterday, I had the arthrogram MRI on my hip, and the radiologist said I would have 3-6 hours to test my hip out before the anaesthetic wore off. He and my doc wanted me to do whatever activitiy I could that had been causing me pain, so I could see whether they located the correct area with the anaesthetic, contrast dye, and cortisone. If I still had pain, it would indicate the source of the problem to be something other the hip joint.

The fact that I had the best training session in six weeks and was actually able to kick breaststroke pain-free indicates that they nailed the pain source. For those magical 6 (in my case) hours before the anaesthetic wore off, I was able to walk normally and swim pain-free! I even got in a practice 200 breaststroke race (although my time )!

Needless to say, I'm now feeling like
    until the cortisone kicks in, but I think we have finally figured out the source of the problem, after ruling out my L3-L4 and hip impingement. I'll learn more when I return to the doctor for my MRI results on Monday.

Yesterday, I had the arthrogram MRI on my hip, and the radiologist said I would have 3-6 hours to test my hip out before the anaesthetic wore off. He and my doc wanted me to do whatever activitiy I could that had been causing me pain, so I could see whether they located the correct area with the anaesthetic, contrast dye, and cortisone. If I still had pain, it would indicate the source of the problem to be something other the hip joint.

The fact that I had the best training session in six weeks and was actually able to kick breaststroke pain-free indicates that they nailed the pain source. For those magical 6 (in my case) hours before the anaesthetic wore off, I was able to walk normally and swim pain-free! I even got in a practice 200 breaststroke race (although my time )!

Needless to say, I'm now feeling like
    until the cortisone kicks in, but I think we have finally figured out the source of the problem, after ruling out my L3-L4 and hip impingement. I'll learn more when I return to the doctor for my MRI results on Monday.
    That is great news. I hope they can fix it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Stark View Post
    That is great news. I hope they can fix it now.
    Excellent news! Source of the problem discovered! Now onto addressing it. Great news Elaine

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021