Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Swim happy

Very Active Member

Re: Swim happy

Wow, ElaineK, you are an Animal. Or, er, rather, you are a Fish.

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sive View Post
    That Fly looked pretty good to me. You were consistent, and blew your lane neighbors away!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeniseMW View Post
    Wow, ElaineK, you are an Animal. Or, er, rather, you are a Fish.

Thanks, Bill and Denise!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

I am happy I finished the Little Red Lighthouse Swim yesterday.
    7.5 miles in the Hudson River. It was a lot harder than I expected, and I am not so sure my time of 2:56 is anything to be proud of but..I did it (and I had doubts around mile 4). There was a moment around 125th street when the sun was shining and I was alone in the middle of a the river, a large bird swooped down on me and it was exquisitely beautiful.
    I am a big ball of pain today, but completely happy.

Very Active Member

I am happy, because I can finally get into the pool this week. It's going to be tough to start slowly and re-acclimate, but I'm determined.

Quote Originally Posted by pendaluft View Post
    I am happy I finished the Little Red Lighthouse Swim yesterday.
    7.5 miles in the Hudson River. It was a lot harder than I expected, and I am not so sure my time of 2:56 is anything to be proud of but..I did it (and I had doubts around mile 4). There was a moment around 125th street when the sun was shining and I was alone in the middle of a the river, a large bird swooped down on me and it was exquisitely beautiful.
    I am a big ball of pain today, but completely happy.
    Congratulations! That's an amazing accomplishment, and you should be proud NO MATTER what your time was! Well done!

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Blog Entries

Had a very happy, happy day. I finally broke an elusive :30 50 free (SCY) at a fun meet this afternoon getting a 29:60. Don't think I've seen that since high school which was... cough cough....a long time ago. Yay!

Oh and topping off the day, I finally got to meet Stewart Carroll who is in the Dallas area as well and whom I've looked up to and who has given me great advice a few times while training for Key West. Finally great to meet a legend and great swimmer!
    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it." - Jonathan Winters, actor and comedian

Quote Originally Posted by flystorms View Post
    Had a very happy, happy day. I finally broke an elusive :30 50 free (SCY) at a fun meet this afternoon getting a 29:60. Don't think I've seen that since high school which was... cough cough....a long time ago. Yay!

Oh and topping off the day, I finally got to meet Stewart Carroll who is in the Dallas area as well and whom I've looked up to and who has given me great advice a few times while training for Key West. Finally great to meet a legend and great swimmer!
    ​Awesome! Congratulations on achieving your goal!

I am happy for a few reasons! I just got back from Finland where I organized the 9th edition of an international competition that I first created back in 2006 (actually was featured in Swimmer Magazine! http://www.euswim.org/files/swimmer_...ticle_2011.pdf). Not only was the organization successful but I also swam the 200 free and 200 bk myself! Dropped 3 seconds off the equivalent of my time from Nationals in August and won the silver and bronze medals!

The other recent highlight was taking off between 8-10 seconds off my times at Nationals. I feel like my hard work is finally paying off and I'm excited for the next meet (Rowdy Gaines Classic in Orlando on October 10th-12th!)

Quote Originally Posted by Swimspire View Post
    I am happy for a few reasons! I just got back from Finland where I organized the 9th edition of an international competition that I first created back in 2006 (actually was featured in Swimmer Magazine! http://www.euswim.org/files/swimmer_...ticle_2011.pdf). Not only was the organization successful but I also swam the 200 free and 200 bk myself! Dropped 3 seconds off the equivalent of my time from Nationals in August and won the silver and bronze medals!

The other recent highlight was taking off between 8-10 seconds off my times at Nationals. I feel like my hard work is finally paying off and I'm excited for the next meet (Rowdy Gaines Classic in Orlando on October 10th-12th!)
    Bravo, Julia!

Very Active Member

Wow, Julia. And to think I'm just happy I got into the pool for the first time in a month.

USMS Membership Director Jayhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sive View Post
    Was at a pool last evening. The facility operator used an old beat up swim fin as a door stopper on one of the doors. I thought it was halirous. It made me laugh when I saw it. Was a funny thing to see after my workout. I thought they did a good job of keeping a swimming theme going. Know I know what to do with my old swim fins when they need replacing.

I wonder what other wacky/fun ideas we could come up with for old swim gear.
    I used to swim at a pool where, in December, they put up an artificial Christmas tree. They decorated the tree entirely with stuff from the lost & found: goggles, caps, water bottles, etc.

This happened over the weekend, at a small local meet:

Men's 50 meter freestyle. Fast heat,

Lane 6 ==> Huge, trim, muscular, 28 year old guy
    Lane 5 ==> Huge, trim, muscular, 31 year old guy
    Lane 4 ==> Me. Short, balding, pudgy 56 year old guy ...
    Lane 3 ==> Huge, trim, muscular, 32 year old guy

I'm not kidding. Those guys were huge. Easily 6'5", all of them ... it's my fish, I'll tell the story ... Not an ounce of body fat. Fit, strong, cut, visible six-packs, and huffing like thoroughbreds behind the blocks. 50 is not my event! Why am I here? Am I even in the right heat?

Results,

Lane 6 ==> 30.22
    Lane 5 ==> 30.94
    Lane 4 ==> 30.03
    Lane 3 ==> 30.43

Hehehe.
    Ok, not the fastest time ever, but it was a good race ...

I like master's swimming!

You GOOOO Swimosaur! Way to rock the pool!

Blog Entries

Holy cow that's AWESOME!!!! Way to go!
    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to meet it." - Jonathan Winters, actor and comedian

Very Active Member

Swimosaur, you rock.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920