Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Swim happy

Re: Swim happy

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    My Swim Happy for the day: I went over the 50 mile mark in my FLOG for GTD.
    Good for you!!!

Blog Entries

One nice thing about being fairly new to swimming is that every meet I set a new personal best time in at least one event, often by significant margins. Yesterday's meet was no exception. That's my latest swim happy. It certainly helps with motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by pmccoy View Post
    Great Job!! What is your goal this year? I'm shooting for the free swimsuit (500 mi.)
    Thanks Peter, Karlene, 'Fly, and Marianne! And, congrats. to you, Jethro, for your PB's!

My goal for this year is 275 miles (I was at 262+ for 2010). Good luck in your goal, Peter! That's a lot of miles, but the free suit will be a nice reward.

Karlene, 'Fly, and Marianne: What are your GTD goals for this year? Good luck!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

My GTD goal is the same as last year: 1 million yards (about 570 miles). So far, I'm ahead of last year's yardage.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlene View Post
    My GTD goal is the same as last year: 1 million yards (about 570 miles). So far, I'm ahead of last year's yardage.

Wow, Karlene! As slow as I swim, I would be water-logged to get that many yards/miles in! But, I am doing a bit of travel, so I had to take that into account with my goal. I'm going to be on a river cruise in late August/ early September without access to a pool. I wonder how swimming on the Rhine or Moselle would be, while the boat is tied up? Seriously, if anybody out there sees this post and knows about swimming conditions there, please let me know!

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

raced the 200 fly couldbebetterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karlene View Post
    My goal is just half that 500,000 yards - basically 10k per week, so that'd be, errr 285 miles. Hopefully I can get extra done in June & July to make up for 3 weeks of not much in August.
    30something and way too young for my times

Blog Entries

And while I'm here - I did 29.91 on my 50 free today!

Took a Fastskin to do it, but there you have it, my first sub 30

For those tech-suities FYI, yesterday I swam 30.12 therefore the Fastskin = 0.21 sec per 50 on free. Possibly a better comparison was the 50 fly, being the 1st event of the day both days - yesterday 31.67, today 31.2x, so .4 difference.

Quote Originally Posted by couldbebetterfly View Post
    And while I'm here - I did 29.91 on my 50 free today!

Took a Fastskin to do it, but there you have it, my first sub 30

For those tech-suities FYI, yesterday I swam 30.12 therefore the Fastskin = 0.21 sec per 50 on free. Possibly a better comparison was the 50 fly, being the 1st event of the day both days - yesterday 31.67, today 31.2x, so .4 difference.

Blog Entries

I got to swim outside twice so far on my vacation, should be three times after tomorrow. It made me swim happy to swim outdoors in 75-80 degree sunshine during February.

S

Blog Entries

Yay I hit the 50 mile mark today and the GTD fairy is happy!

I also did 1350 yds fly work, so a total of 2750yds fly this week

Quote Originally Posted by couldbebetterfly View Post
    Yay I hit the 50 mile mark today and the GTD fairy is happy!

I also did 1350 yds fly work, so a total of 2750yds fly this week
    on your 50 miles!

on your 1350 yds fly!

Very Active Member

I swam my first 100 fly today (age 60), came home, and signed up to do it again at a meet next weekend!

Very Active Member philoswimmer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheakamus View Post
    I swam my first 100 fly today (age 60), came home, and signed up to do it again at a meet next weekend!
    That's fabulous!! Well done!!

Age Grouper in Training jaadams1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If its the meet I'm thinking of (ORCA)...I'll be in the same 100 fly with you. Good luck, I'll likely be in the final heat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1 View Post
    If its the meet I'm thinking of (ORCA)...I'll be in the same 100 fly with you. Good luck, I'll likely be in the final heat.
    I'll be at that meet as well. And I even entered the 100 fly. Scanning the entry list on swimphone for forumites, I see larsoda there, and Randy Rogers, but no knelson (WTF). Thrashing Slug, are you entered? (I'm not sure who you are IRL.) Larsoda and Randy Rogers, did you enter the 100 fly?

Knelson, you have until Wednesday to enter the 100 fly so we can have an all-forumite heat which will cause both usms.org and youtube.com to burn down in a blaze of glory. Either that or we will be forced to make fun of you on the internet. Which, actually, we'll do either way. Your call man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I'll be at that meet as well. And I even entered the 100 fly. Scanning the entry list on swimphone for forumites, I see larsoda there, and Randy Rogers, but no knelson (WTF). Thrashing Slug, are you entered? (I'm not sure who you are IRL.) Larsoda and Randy Rogers, did you enter the 100 fly?

Knelson, you have until Wednesday to enter the 100 fly so we can have an all-forumite heat which will cause both usms.org and youtube.com to burn down in a blaze of glory. Either that or we will be forced to make fun of you on the internet. Which, actually, we'll do either way. Your call man
    I think Knelson is still in lala land from his trip to Hawaii. He'll probably come out of it around 10:30pm on Wednesday just in time to enter the 100 fly with us...but will accidentally click 200 fly by mistake!

Very Active Member

I expect (hope) I'll be in the first heat, as my only goal (for this year) is to finish. Still working on technique, as well as endurance. I'm a little worried, though, because my son came home from Olympia today with a terrible flu bug, and he usually manages to pass these things on. Oh well, I'll be washing my hands every five minutes between now and Saturday. Hope to see you all at ORCA.

Blog Entries

I expect (hope) I'll be in the first heat, as my only goal (for this year) is to finish. Still working on technique, as well as endurance. I'm a little worried, though, because my son came home from Olympia today with a terrible flu bug, and he usually manages to pass these things on. Oh well, I'll be washing my hands every five minutes between now and Saturday. Hope to see you all at ORCA.
    We'll watch for you...good luck...just take it easy and pace yourself. There's no point of making your 1st 100 fly a miserable one. We want you to return for a 200 fly with us one day!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

No to the 100 fly, but decided to enter the 200 fly for "fun." I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make the final heat for the 100fly, anyway.

Good luck, though

Dan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by larsoda View Post
    No to the 100 fly, but decided to enter the 200 fly for "fun." I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make the final heat for the 100fly, anyway.

Good luck, though

Dan
    Thanks! I'm in the 200 fly as well so we'll both get to enjoy it.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast