Thread: 2010 St Nick's Meet, Saturday, December 18

2010 St Nick's Meet, Saturday, December 18

The St. Nicks SCM swim meet for GA Masters will be Saturday, December 18, 2010 at GA Tech. Confirmed at the annual GA LMSC meeting this past Saturday.

Also, beginning in 2011, our 3 big meets, St. Pats (SCY), Classic City Masters (LCM), and St. Nicks (SCM) will be co-branded as the Georgia LMSC State Championships.

More details to come on these items shortly, I am sure...
    If you don't know where you are going, you'll end up someplace else. Yogi Berra

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Re: 2010 St Nick's Meet, Saturday, December 18

Quote Originally Posted by Glider View Post
    The St. Nicks SCM swim meet for GA Masters will be Saturday, December 18, 2010 at GA Tech. Confirmed at the annual GA LMSC meeting this past Saturday.

Also, beginning in 2011, our 3 big meets, St. Pats (SCY), Classic City Masters (LCM), and St. Nicks (SCM) will be co-branded as the Georgia LMSC State Championships.

You beat me to it, Mark. Thanks! (I was going to post this meet like I have done with the others...)

I am so glad the new date for St. Nicks is December 18. Now I can go!

Hey, wasn't the PTC Pentathlon fun? It was my first time competing in one (I joined in USMS in February) and I really enjoyed it! It was also my first time competing in anything besides breaststroke, since my high school days, and my very first time competing in an outdoor pool and swimming five events. With all those cards stacked against me (especially the heat!), I wasn't too optimistic; especially about my breaststroke time, since it was my last event. But, I got a PB in the 50 breaststroke!

So, Mark, you must have been one of the other Marks in the heat with Mark Beatty. Were you? I met Mark Beatty for the first time and I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet, as well. I'll look forward to meeting you at St. Nicks!

Cheers!

Elaine
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Very Active Member

Thanks for posting this, Mark. Also, I'm glad that we're going to have designated Georgia LMSC State Championships now. Hopefully that will be an attendance draw. It would be great to have more rest between events.

Yes, I was there. Sorry I missed you. See you at St. Nicks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    You beat me to it, Mark. Thanks! (I was going to post this meet like I have done with the others...)

I am so glad the new date for St. Nicks is December 18. Now I can go!

Hey, wasn't the PTC Pentathlon fun? It was my first time competing in one (I joined in USMS in February) and I really enjoyed it! It was also my first time competing in anything besides breaststroke, since my high school days, and my very first time competing in an outdoor pool and swimming five events. With all those cards stacked against me (especially the heat!), I wasn't too optimistic; especially about my breaststroke time, since it was my last event. But, I got a PB in the 50 breaststroke!

So, Mark, you must have been one of the other Marks in the heat with Mark Beatty. Were you? I met Mark Beatty for the first time and I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet, as well. I'll look forward to meeting you at St. Nicks!

Cheers!

Elaine

That was the thinking. Drive participation. Hopefully it has a trickle down effect.

- More people focusing on "championships"
    - More people swimming at meets leading up to them
    - More people training for those prep meets
    - More people joining teams/workout groups
    - More USMS members

GA USMS membership grew from the high 700s to just over 1000 - I attribute a lot of that to our national champs here.

Oh, and all our LMSC neighbors seem to have them as well ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by want2beafish View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Mark. Also, I'm glad that we're going to have designated Georgia LMSC State Championships now. Hopefully that will be an attendance draw. It would be great to have more rest between events.

Yes, I was there. Sorry I missed you. See you at St. Nicks.
    Were you the guy who proposed the championship idea; a very good one, by the way? I don't know if you recognized me from my avatar photo, but I was the one in the dark blue t shirt and denim shorts, sitting over at the other table.

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Blog Entries

Maybe now I'll have a meet/something to train towards. Right now I have a REAL lack of motivation. I'll probably start back consistent hopefully next week....we SHALL see. All I know is I feel like a doughboy right now!

Blog Entries

Can't come this year my boss will be at Disney on Vacation and I have to be ON-CALL! YUCK!
    Donna Hooe
    GAJA/Savannah Masters/GCAT
    Certified Level 2 ASCA Coach

Psych sheets are up! See y'all there.

Blog Entries

Have fun and swim fast everyone. Sorry I can't be there but I am on call this weekend which keeps me in Savannah, but I will be swimming with the kids in a USA meet SCY.
    Donna Hooe
    GAJA/Savannah Masters/GCAT
    Certified Level 2 ASCA Coach

Meet results are up!

Thanks to the Atlanta Rainbow Trout for all the hard work that went into hosting the event! Being new to Master's swimming this fall, this was my first "real" meet. I had a fantastic time and met lots of great people.

Quote Originally Posted by mcountryman View Post
    Thanks to the Atlanta Rainbow Trout for all the hard work that went into hosting the event! Being new to Master's swimming this fall, this was my first "real" meet. I had a fantastic time and met lots of great people.
    Ditto! And, great job on your swims, Marianne!

Yesterday wasn't my day , but I'm glad you had a great one! I strained my left adductor (inner thigh muscle) during warm-ups, so it really tightened up during my 50 and 100 breaststroke events. By the time I needed to get ready for the 200, I couldn't even walk without it hurting. So, I scratched, went home and wrapped it in a heating pad. Oh well!

Elaine, I was looking for you during the 200 breast and didn't see you. Sorry that you had an off day. See you next time and hope you are feeling better!