Thread: Ithaca Masters Meet?

Ithaca Masters Meet?

I heard their application was in the works, but haven't heard anything since then... if its just a matter of time before it is sanctioned, what date are they holding the meet?

TIA,

Chris
    I ain't as good as I once was
    But I'm as good once as I ever was
    Come again?

Re: Ithaca Masters Meet?

Timing is impeccable... I just heard from Kevin the sanctioning is in process and the date of the meet will be December 11th.

Chris
    Come again?

Blog Entries

Yeah!!!!!!)

Blog Entries

Could either of you take some photos at the Ithaca meet? I want to have as much meet coverage as possible for our picture gallery on the NDMS site. I will usually take photos at meets, but I don't think I will be attending this one.

I can, as would others I assume - is there a place online for us photogs to upload our pics? If so, pls include a link here.
    Come again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beards247 View Post
    I can, as would others I assume - is there a place online for us photogs to upload our pics? If so, pls include a link here.
    We don't have an upload location. If you can email them to me, that would be great: niagwebmaster@usms.org

If you're not familiar with image resizing, you might only be able to send a couple at a time due to file size restrictions on email. But, you don't have to take a million photos, 8-12 would be perfect.

Thanks!

I probably know enough to be dangerous in regards to image manipulation. Would you prefer them big so you can optimize? If not, what image size would you prefer?

Also - how do you start a USMS blog? I initially poo-poo'd the idea, but now that I am trying to take notes on research/training/etc it seems like a decent place to organize my stuff.
    Come again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beards247 View Post
    I probably know enough to be dangerous in regards to image manipulation. Would you prefer them big so you can optimize? If not, what image size would you prefer?
    I have been resizing images down to 600 x 450. The default from my camera is 4000 x 3000 and they're 5mb files apiece (it's a 12.1 mb camera). If you have the same proportion, 600 x 450 will be perfect. Or you can send them as is.

Also - how do you start a USMS blog? I initially poo-poo'd the idea, but now that I am trying to take notes on research/training/etc it seems like a decent place to organize my stuff.
    If your USMS account is linked, you should be able to create it. On the toolbar, go to Blogs -> Your Blog. You should then have an option "Post to your Blog." If you don't see that, then you probably need to link your account. Beyond that, it's as simple or complex as you want to make it. You can customize colors and fonts, but I didn't bother with that. Blog Control Panel -> Blog Title and Description is the only other area I have toyed around with. That keeps some standard information at the very top of your blog.

Blog Entries

Yeah the Meet entry is up) Will be going.....

Blog Entries

I sent my entry in today)

Blog Entries

wow lol this was a bad meet for me... The day started off bad when I got there at 7:20 am and it took me a hour of driving around to find the swimming place..Then to find out it didn't start till 9:30... I wasn't with it at this meet. I guess I been to busy and just tired... The people were sweet there. A great meet over all. I paniced during the 100 free. I started out going to fast and at the end I lost it.... Oh well) It was my first time swimming the 100 free. I bet a lot of people there think I can't swim lol... I can't yet lol I am learning and having fun with it... My next meet I will make sure I get plenty of rest that week so I am not so tired.....,, I hope there is a meet in March) He is working on it. The boys there were awesome and worked hard on the meet. They were pleasantly really nice. I met some more sweet people. I just wasn't my bubbly self. There was these two guys in one suits that were so cool and funny!!!