Thread: What's New??? With All Of You???

Post What's New??? With All Of You???

Coaches, Swimmers, and related chlorine-heads,

I'd like to write a pre-season article for the upcoming newsletter.

New Swimmers??? Let me know. I already have heard some rumors, but rumors won't cut the cheese. I need facts and figures to share with our fellow popcorn eaters around the state.

For example: Team x has a guy who won the NCAA's in the 200 free back in 199?----This isn't a rumor; he's actually training somewhere downtown---THIS IS A FACT!!! FOR REAL!!!

EXAMPLE 2: Team y has 9 new swimmers or 6 less swimmers. Team xyz is loosing 2 practice days. GET MY DRIFT? Good...

I want everyone to know the gossip around town. It will help fill the pool with more energy and enthusiasm going into 2004 and INDY...

It might also help another swimmer or team out in a bind.

Sorry--the 300 and 400th post don't count.

If you want to keep your info a secret until the newsletter, simply send your short write-up to:

Mark.C.Urban@abc.com

THANKS FOR READING AND WRITING,

MARK URBAN

CMSA Publicity Chair

Participating Member Catfish Woman's Avatar

Talking Evanston Masters Update

The Evanston Wild Catfish are very excited about their new coaching staff. We are lucky to have acquired not one, but TWO fantastic new head coaches... Heidi Toft, former IHSA state champ and ASU phenom and Larry Stoegbauer, Ironman and all around good man will share the duties of running our team.

We are ready to rock and roll through another championship season, going all the way with Illinois Masters in Indy whoohoo! Go Wild Catfish!
    Long live the Wild Catfish!

Update for Mark

I'm entered in the Kerr-McGee Elite ProAm on Dec 18-21 in Oklahoma City, OK. USA Sanctioned, Qualifying Times, Prelims/Finals, National team members, Avg age 15-19, etc. I entered all three breaststrokes and the 50 free. I'm going shaved and tapered...to make up for my less-than-stellar SCY Nats. You can find more info by searching for Kerr-McGee Swim Club. Results will be posted.

Newsletter deadline is November 3.

Participating Member Xswimmer66's Avatar
    I plan to visit my brother in Lansing, MI, and the same weekend go to this meet about 10 miles away in Dewitt. It's on Saturday, December 6th. Deck entry only. Here's the entry form if anyone is interested: http://www.michiganmasters.com/entry120603.pdf

Thanks to Nadine for listing this on her Great Lakes Meets post, and giving me a good excuse to visit!

Mark Morrison
    Buehler Breakers
    Palatine, IL