This is a part-time hourly position in Mountain View, CA. Expected hours will be approximately 15-20 hours per week, including time on deck. Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience.
Interested Parties should send their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
About Mountain View Masters
Mountain View Masters (MVM) is a non-profit adult swim program located in Mountain View, CA. We were founded in 1991 and have grown to over 150 registered swimmers. Our team has been coached by Jody Smith, an All American and National Champion, and three Pacific Masters coaches of the year, Alan Liu, Chris Campbell and Mo Chambers. We have a diverse team: young and old, open water swimmers, meet swimmers, triathletes, and fitness swimmers who like structured workouts. We have 17 weekly morning practices year-round at Eagle Park Pool in Mountain View.
The philosophy of Mountain View Masters is a healthy balance of fitness, fun and competition. Team MVM also has many traditions such as hosting the Alan Liu Memorial Short Course Meters meet every fall; participating in many selected pool, open water and postal events; monthly social gatherings and a yearly holiday party; and our award-winning newsletter. Please learn more about MVM at www.mvm.org.
- MVM is looking for a head swim coach who will lead the workout program and create a fun, supportive swim environment. The head coach will also work in close partnership with the MVM board to implement the strategic vision of the club.
- The head coach is responsible for developing a workout plan for our year-round program, running the majority of weekly morning practices, managing the coaching schedule to ensure all practices are covered, providing feedback to the swimmers, and manage stroke clinics.
- The head coach will set the direction and goals of the coaching program and work with his/her assistant coaching staff effectively to implement the program. If necessary, the head coach will recruit and, with board approval, hire qualified assistant coaches that embody the MVM philosophies.
- To ensure that the overall team is aligned to the same vision, the head coach will be expected to attend the monthly MVM board meetings and hold quarterly coaching staff meetings.
Skills and Qualifications
- Be certified in CPR with AED (CPR for the Professional Rescuer is preferred), Basic First Aid, and Safety Training for Swim Coaches.
- Possess formal swim coaching qualifications. Coaching certifications from the American Swimming Coaches Association (ASCA) are preferred. Certification from USA Triathlon (USAT) is a plus.
- Have excellent swimming and stroke refinement knowledge and can effectively coach competitive as well as recreational swimmers.
- Possess demonstrated leadership in managing and motivating a team/program; experience coaching a masters program is a plus. The candidate works well with people, is accountable and well-organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a passion for the sport of swimming and working with swimmers. The head coach should be willing to support swimmers at swim meets, open water swims, and triathlons.