Thread: Need a roommate for the convention

Participating Member

Need a roommate for the convention

All,

So it ends up that we are sending 5 women to the convention. This leaves us with one woman that does not have a roommate. I have two questions:

1. Any way we can try to find her a roommate so she is not stuck with paying the other half of the room.
    2. How strict is this reimbursement policy about only paying for half the room? I mean, we asked her to go for the benefit of our LMSC so shouldn't we be responsible for finding her a roommate? And if one cannot be found shouldn't the LMSC pay for the entire room?

Thanks in advance,
    Brian

USMS Membership Director Jayhawk's Avatar

Re: Need a roommate for the convention

Please contact Tracy Grilli at: USMS (at) usms (dot) org

She will try to match her up with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by bkhoyt View Post
    All,

So it ends up that we are sending 5 women to the convention. This leaves us with one woman that does not have a roommate. I have two questions:

1. Any way we can try to find her a roommate so she is not stuck with paying the other half of the room.
    2. How strict is this reimbursement policy about only paying for half the room? I mean, we asked her to go for the benefit of our LMSC so shouldn't we be responsible for finding her a roommate? And if one cannot be found shouldn't the LMSC pay for the entire room?

Thanks in advance,
    Brian
    Question 1) As Anna Lea said, check with Tracy for a match.

Question 2) Your LMSC Chair should be able to give you guidance. I believe this issue (those delegates funded by your LMSC) is entirely up to your LMSC administration. USMS has a reimbursement policy for committee chairs, Executive Committee members, some specific committee members, etc. But regular LMSC delegates are paid for by the LMSC. If the LMSC wants to pay for a first class plane ticket and put the delegate in a suite, I don't believe USMS has any say. Similarly, an LMSC may choose not to pay for any travel expenses for a delegate. Presumably your LMSC board has a policy it needs to adhere to for convention delegates. Likewise, some LMSCs have meal money provisions while others do not (USMS does not provide for meal money for its funded delegates). Somebody else with more knowledge on the issue can correct me if I'm wrong, but the answer on how strict is the reimbursement policy is it is up to your LMSC to set the policy.

Jeff

Very Active Member jim thornton's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Four legs good, two legs better?