Thread: Hello out there?

Participating Member

Hello out there?

is anyone still perusing this site? if so, care to respond?

I look at it every now now and then!

Michael

Participating Member
    so i guess it's just you and i? care to share life stories, background, where you swim? anything trivial, important, news-worthy, etc.?

I don't think many of the GoldCoast swimmers post here because we have our own website with the local information.

I swim at the Boca Y. We have about a dozen swimmers and workout three times a week.

Michael

Participating Member
    are you talking about the fgcm website? or one for your local y? the reason why i'm interested in utilizing this website is because i don't have a coach, a team, a club or anything down here (meaning key west). so i'm kinda on my own. as much as i've tried to get info from the fgc page, i don't really have anyone to ask questions of----stuff that really doesn't need it's own thread, but minor questions that i have.....hence, my interest in pursuing this page more!

Information about local meets and activities are posted on FGCMasters.org.

The general discussion forum on this site is a great place to ask questions and get support. I've been reading the posts for the past two years and I've seen all kinds of information posted. All you have to do is ask!

Michael

Participating Member
    the fgcm website is okay (let me preface this by saying that if you have any repsonsibility for any of it, please don't be offended by this), but it's more driven towards people who are up in that area. and like i was saying, i don't have any contact with anyone, being so far away! i know about posting questions and stuff, i've done that! it's all the silly, little things though, that most people get the benefit of by having a team to work out with, a pool where other masters' swimmers are training, or even a coach that would be more in the know than i am! i'd love to be in contact with others, and i'm slowly working on it. but this is a big step from age group swimming when all i had to do was show up for practice---i had someone tell me what to do, keep track of my times, enter me in meets, tell me what events i was swimming, and parents to take care of everything except packing my bags and waking me up in the morning! so, again, back to all the silly little questions i have....that's where all this is coming from!

Check out the "Places to Swim" section on this site. They list a Masters team in Key West.

Key West - BIMC Bone Island Masters
    Florida Gold Coast LMSC
    Florida Keys Community College
    5901 College Road Key West, Florida
    Lap Swim / Workout Times: Workout/Open Swim - M-F 6:30am - 7:00 pm, Sat & Sun 12pm - 5pm
    Contacts: Lori Bosco 305-296-9081 x 362
    Miscellaneous Info: $2 per swim or $10 for 12 visits, Outdoor pool
    Record Last Updated: 3/23/00
    Modify this listing Delete this listing

Participating Member
    i don't mean to sound harsh, but at one point i said i was on my own because of living in key west. i meant that because i do work out at the fkcc pool, on my own. and we don't have a coach, so i come up with workouts--on my own. while the info may be posted there, unfortunately there's no "team" that exists. there are other circumstances, factors, etc. surrounding the pool, etc. but mainly i was just trying to get info/feedback/blah, blah, blah from other people on little things. nothing that needed a new thread to be started, just simple questions i could ask, and i was hoping there'd be other people a little closer to home i could rely on.

Hey Floridians! Is there still a swim around Key West?

Very Active Member info@randynutt.com's Avatar

Key West

There are a couple of swims held around Key West. One was held a few weeks ago and another is coming up in July. Contact Lori Bosco at Florida Keys Community College (aqualb@aol.com -I believe that is her email)

Our website has been mentioned: www.fgcmasters.org In my opinion it is the best place to go for information regarding Masters swimming in South Florida. Our webmaster, and also LMSC Chair Anne Laborwit has done an EXCELLENT job keeping us informed. Remember this is a volunteer position and not one person is responsible for the entire Gold Coast. If you have input no matter how small email Anne and help make the site better. She is in need of stories, photos, news -hey coaches this is the place for free advertising for your team!

In addition the Florida Gold Coast Masters holds several meetings each year and EVERYONE is invited to participate, contribute and add to our organization. We cannot talk about our organization like it is some abstract "they" or "them" it is all of us! We can be the sum of all volunteer contributions.

Very Active Member info@randynutt.com's Avatar
    onebarbie2 -feel free to email me for any assistance. I live a little further north, in Coral Springs, but I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Sincerely,