Thread: Masters Team In or Around Lafayette?

Participating Member

Masters Team In or Around Lafayette?

I'm a student at Purdue and wondering if anyone knew of a Master's team of some other group of 18+ year old swimmers in or around this area. I'd like to be able to practice with some other swimmers, and maybe even be interested in starting a new club in the Lafayette area if there isn't already one. I know of the Sugar Creek club in Crawfordsville, but that is a little bit of a drive.

I saw on the GrinSwim.org page that there may be a team in West Lafayette called "Da Pool Toads" but I haven't been able to find any substantial information on them.

Thanks so much for any info you could give me !!

-Jon

Participating Member
    Jon -- I live just south of Lafayette and was wandering if you had any luck forming a master swim group. The " da Pool Toads" you mentioned is a group of guys who meet at the Purdue Aquatic Center at lunchtime around 12 to 1:00. Tim

Participating Member
    No, I haven't really had the time to research "starting" a Master's club in the Lafayette area. I am still interested in having a group of people to swim with, though

Participating Member
    I have been doing the same thing. I am interested in swimming however it has been 25 years since i did so competetively. I am a runner who is currently injured. I am a competetive person so I was trying to find a masters swim program in lafayette. I saw that the YMCA has some sort of program but have not been able to talk with anybody. Anyway I am going to get back in the pool on monday either at International health club where I lift or at the YWCA.

Lightbulb Re: Masters Team In or Around Lafayette?

Hi guys,

I'm a athlete in Special Olympics Swimming and we have only one meet a year. A long time ago someone told me about Masters Swimming at the Lafayette YMCA. The YMCA would be a good place to start a Masters group. I lap swim at the YMCA weekdays from 5:30 to 6:30. Tuesday's and Thursday's there is the "Starfish Program for those with intellectual disabilities in till 7:10. During when Purdue's in session there are a lot of student's that help out.

I work in the mornings. It's easer for me and I take the bus.

Email me if you have anything more or questions.

I hope it work's out!
    P.S.- Email Bab's for a list of people in Lafayette.
    Jennifer Hoover
    GRIN and Special Olympics IN Tippecanoe County
    West Lafayette[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Participating Member

Re: Masters Team In or Around Lafayette?

I know this is a slightly old post, but if anyone is interested there is a masters group forming at Lafayette Jeff High School. Informally, adults have been swimming there for quite some time, but within the past few weeks things have become more organized.

Practices are currently occuring MWF 7:00pm-8:00pm, Tues/Thurs 6:00am-7:00am and Sat. 6:00am-8:00am.

Currently there are swimmers of a variety of speeds and experiences.

All are welcome, please feel free to stop by and swim with us!

Exclamation Re: Masters Team In or Around Lafayette?

Is it free to swim and can non-masters come? Some Special Olympics swimmers might enjoy this.
    Jennifer Hoover
    GRIN and Special Olympics IN Tippecanoe County
    West Lafayette[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]