Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calf and Arch Cramping

Re: Calf and Arch Cramping

Darkthirty.... thanks for dredging up this conversation from a year ago -I've had limited success with a few stretching and massage techniques but I will look into your advice, as well as Bobinator's and the story link from Jim. Jim-we throw just about anything into our juicer to see what sort of magic serums we can create but haven't thought of pickles. Cucumbers yes.

Okay, learning what exactly is involved with dynesys and I'm not sure I could endure or rationalise another invasive procedure. What exactly is involved with the procedure and what kind is recovery was needed?

Participating Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJM View Post
    Okay, learning what exactly is involved with dynesys and I'm not sure I could endure or rationalise another invasive procedure. What exactly is involved with the procedure and what kind is recovery was needed?
    I was 35 or so when I had it done, sciatica down both legs for a year + with absolutely no relief. I rehabbed most of it with a chainsaw, a little core work everyday, and long walks down to the pier to fish. Worst part of the recovery was the muscle relaxers initially prescribed didn't do the job. I believe it was 2-3 months until I went back on full duty at the fire department. I'm 52 now and can stand and put my palms flat on the floor, and throw a roundhouse kick over my head level. I am thrilled with it, considering what I saw happen to people who took the fusion instead. I'd advise you to condition your core as much as possible before the surgery, that way atrophy won't slow your recovery. Robert Shugart did the operation and was training other surgeons at the same time. Good luck with it, I know a pain in the back can be a real pain in the .....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12