Thread: Moving to Savannah!!

Participating Member

Moving to Savannah!!

I'm a triathlete/swimming (a slow one...) and I'm moving from Lexington, KY to Savannah in just a couple of weeks. I just switched over my Master's club affiliation to Savannah and I'm hoping to start practicing with my new Master's team in Savannah when I get there.

Is there anyone else on here on the team? Should I just show up one morning or should I contact someone to get on the team? Are there open water swimming opportunities anywhere? Are there other triathletes who swim with masters who could show me some good places to ride my bike!?!

Really excited about my move and want to get involved with the team pretty quickly after moving!

Re: Moving to Savannah!!

I suggest you get in touch with Donna Hooe, who coaches in Savannah. You can get her contact information from the Georgia Masters web site, www.georgiamasters.org

Blog Entries

Nina

Savannah Masters swim at the Chatham County Aqquaitc Center on Sallie Mood drive. We swim Monday thru Friday 5:30 - 6:45 am and Saturday 7:00 - 8:30 am. Mon, Wed, & Fri are more popular, Tues, Thurs and Sat are not as crowded. There are open water swims in the rivers too. Fri & Sat pool is usually Long Course.

Friday mornings there is a team breakfast after workout at Midtown Deli. This is were you can connect with others, find out about rides, runs, open water swims, tri's and such.

The cost per month is $45. Coach Walt is on deck in the mornings. I actually swim during this time.

Feel free to PM me if you need info.
    Last edited by Donna; August 9th, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Donna Hooe
    GAJA/Savannah Masters/GCAT
    Certified Level 2 ASCA Coach

Blog Entries

Nina

Savannah Masters swim at the Chatham County Aqquaitc Center on Sallie Mood drive. We swim Monday thru Friday 5:30 - 6:45 am and Saturday 7:00 - 8:30 am.

Friday mornings there is a team breakfast after workout at Midtown Deli. This is were you can connect with others, find out about rides, runs, open water swims, tri's and such.

The cost per month is $45. Coach Walt is on deck in the mornings. I actually swim during this time.

Feel free to PM me if you need info.
    Donna Hooe

Participating Member

Thank you so much for the information!! I just packed up the apartment tonight and will be heading to Savannah on Saturday. I'm hoping to get back into the pool next week. I'll stop by the Aquatic Center to sign up for the team!

I look forward to swimming with you!

Blog Entries

You can't sign up for the team at the Aquatic Center. We rent lane space from the Aquatic Center our membership is handled seperate from them. Just show up at 5:30am and I will introduce you to Walt. The masters are in the first 4-5 lanes for short course. I am usually down closer to the kids at GCAT at the other end of the pool.

Coach Walt who is the on deck coach for the masters group and I are both coaches for GCAT as well. Look for the Navy Blue cap with GAJA on it, that will be me.

I forgot to mension you can join us on Facebook at Ssavannah Masters Swimming.

Hope to see you when you are ready to join us.
    Donna Hooe