Thread: New on the forum

New on the forum

Hello everybody!

I'm new on the forum and just want to say hi! I'm 45 and came back to swimming four years ago, training and racing masters. I swam for 10 years as an age grouper, 10-20.

When I say new on the forum I mean I just got a profile yesterday. I have been following the discussions almost since I came back, and I have learned a lot! I 'coach' myself and two-three groups of masters swimmers, so I'm always looking for hints and tips on how to do things. I say 'coach', it's mainly about writing the programs and yelling things like 'You're doing great! One more!' to the people in the lanes at practice.

I'm still improving my times, and I hope to keep doing that for some years. My events are everything from 200 upwards + the 100 free and fly; I'm currently looking into sprint training for a bit of variety; I love the 400 IM - though not my best event - and my speed/SDK/flutter kick are all horrible, so there's always a thread of interest to me.

I think that's it for the moment, nice to be here!

Re: New on the forum

Welcome and success!!

Hi Eelbilly, and welcome.

Very Active Member TRYM_Swimmer's Avatar

Welcome, Eelbilly! Love your handle!

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

You're from a beautiful part of the world, Eel! Are you Norwegian or an American living in Norway, or??? Just curious...

Welcome to our Forumite world; it's nice to have you here!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Thank you all! I'm Norwegian, from Oslo, but at the moment we live in Bergen on the west coast.

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eelbilly View Post
    Thank you all! I'm Norwegian, from Oslo, but at the moment we live in Bergen on the west coast.
    Seriously? You write better than the average American, yet English is your second language! I am always amazed at how well Scandinavians can write and speak our language. I know you learn it in school, but still...

Here in the U.S.A., most Americans can just speak English and do not know another language. And, I am sorry to say that some can't even speak it properly and don't know how to read or write.

Anyway, stick around here on the Forums; you will learn a lot. There are several excellent swimmers who are terrific about giving advice. If you post videos of your strokes, you can also get helpful critiques.

Cheers!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Blog Entries

Thanks for joining in, Erlend, as we all continue on our swimming journeys!
    ..<))><