Thread: Looking for Masters Meets by Mail

Participating Member

Looking for Masters Meets by Mail

Here's the deal - We're a very small masters group (about 12-15 or so, ranging from rank beginners to a few old college swimmers) based in Monroe, Washington.This year as a motivator we are keeping track of our yardage on a monthly basis, and are collectively swimming our way to Mexico. A few years ago we did this from Monroe to New York City and it seemed to go over quite well. At the end of last January we 'stopped' in Astoria, Oregon and I sent out our monthly progress report. I'm looking for interesting diversions along our route for the rest of our swim as we continue south...

Are there any similar sized clubs/groups in Oregon or California that might like to orgainize (loosely!) a masters meet-by-mail? We could swim our way over to your facility, then on a given day(s) each club would swim and time the various events. I'm thinking that a simple excel spreadsheet, emailed back and forth might be all it takes. My goal is to keep this simple and low key! Not sure what our supply of Monroe Masters Swim caps looks like, but maybe as a motivator we could send along some of our caps for your participants.

Have any other clubs done this and does anyone have any suggestions or tips? Let me know if your group might be interested in 'hosting' us for a meet

Thanks for your interest,

Lars Durban

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Re: Looking for Masters Meets by Mail

What a great idea. I could probably get either Fig Garden or Clovis Swim Club to do it.

Participating Member

Thanks for your response! If you have a name and contact email or number for either club, that would be great. I can contact them directly at that point - unless you'd like to coordinate it with them?

- Lars

Very Active Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snoho3 View Post
    Thanks for your response! If you have a name and contact email or number for either club, that would be great. I can contact them directly at that point - unless you'd like to coordinate it with them?

- Lars
    I sent you a private message with contact information for both coaches. Both Fig and Clovis could race together almost any Saturday at the Clovis North facility.

Participating Member

Please contact us: admin@piranhaswimteam.org
    Piranha Swim Team Masters: Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio Www.piranhaswimteam.org