The University City Swim Club (UCSC) is seeking a Head Coach. The position is part-time, year-round, based in University City, Missouri. The Head Coach duties include:
· Serve as deck coach for 5 USA Swimming practices and 3 Masters practices per week during the September through May indoor season.
· Serve as deck coach for a minimum of 2 USA Swimming practices and 3 Masters practices June and July.
· Perform administrative duties, approximately 12 hours per month.
· Supervise assistant coaching staff. (two assistant coaches, as well as substitute coaches)
· Attend approximately 5 or more meets per short course season.
· Report to the Board of Directors
The ideal candidate will have prior experience coaching a USA Swimming team. Experience coaching a USMS Masters team is a plus. Collegiate level or other relevant club experience will be considered. The candidate must have current USA Swimming Coach certification or be willing to certify. In addition, the following attributes will be considered:
· Competitive swimming experience and strong knowledge of stroke-mechanics
· Experience coaching competitive and non-competitive swimmers
· Demonstration of professional demeanor, leadership skills, and a positive, team-building attitude.
· Desire to encourage swimmers and provide guidance on stroke technique.
· Passion for swimming and working with athletes of all ages.
Coaching and Administrative Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
· Maintain current knowledge of Ozark Swimming, USA Swimming and of USMS policies, procedures, and rules.
· Prepare workouts for varying skill levels of swimmers.
· Responsible for meet announcements, sign ups, and TM entries.
· Communicate practice changes, pool closures, upcoming activities, and competitions to families and athletes by email and at workouts.
· Supervise and mentor assistant coaching staff.
· Remain at practices until all minors have been picked up by parents.
· Submit accurate and regular time and expense reports.
· Report monthly to the Board of Directors, and assist in policy and procedures implementation.
· Foster a welcoming environment with the goal of retaining swimmers who are competitive or fitness only oriented.
· Encourage youth team participation in meets.
This is a part-time, hourly position. Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition to the hourly salary, UCSC will pay the Head Coach’s recertification fees and annual USA Swimming and USMS membership fees.
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume, cover letter and references to Tim Lemen, UCSC President,at email@example.com. Interviews will begin immediately until position is filled.