Thread: Online Swim Clubs?

Online Swim Clubs?

Was wondering if there were any good online coaching/actual online swim clubs I could join. My current team isn't that great and to elevate my swimming I have to get a better coach :/ Any ideas?

Re: Online Swim Clubs?

I don't know of any off hand. Have you tied posting an ad up on like craiglists or other sites? That might be the best way to find someone. You might also want to ask other swimmers.

You can certainly get workouts from this forum http://forums.usms.org/forumdisplay.php?95-Workouts
    "To strive,to seek,to find,and not to yield" Tennyson
    Allen

Paint test area ahead Michael Heather's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You could always try mental workouts (joking).

A virtual club would come with a virtual coach, not what you need if you are looking to improve your training. The best thing to do is approach your current coach and tell him/her your concerns and desires. The response will tell you volumes. If they show interest, you are in business. If they tell you they have to think about the other swimmers, that means they are only on deck to pass time, not really coach.

If you have been in a high performance program before, you will remember some of the necessary things to do, try to incorporate those into your current training. If you have not had high level coaching, talk to someone who has, surf the net for stories about coaching techniques, look for workouts that cater to your specialty (sprint, distance, strokes).
    The opinions expressed in the above post are mine, not those of U.S. Masters Swimming. But maybe they should be.

Participating Member

As Michael said, if you're looking to take your develop your technique and really take your swimming to the next level, there's really no substitute for an in-person coach. They'll be able to watch your technique and give you one-on-one advice that you simply can't get over the internet right now.

But if you're simply for more challenging (and fun!) workouts, I'd humbly recommend a program that I work with called Online Swim Trainer. It's a site that regularly sends you workouts that are tailored to your goals and skill level. We've worked with dozens of swimmers so far and built hundreds of custom workouts. It's also much cheaper than paying for your own private coach. Sign up and give it a try, your first two weeks are totally free!

Feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions about it: hartley@onlineswimtrainer.com