DFAC Swimming is looking for a professional, experienced and dynamic full-time Head Coach to take our team to the next level. The position is full-time, although for the right candidate, a part-time position would be considered, with administrative duties delegated to other staff. DFAC Swimming is a year round USA Swimming team with 185 swimmers, ranging from beginners to Junior National qualifiers. Alumni swimmers have advanced to collegiate level swimming. Based on team size, DFAC Swimming is a D1 team within our LSC. During the Short Course season, the team swims out of 3 different 25-yard pools. During the Long Course season, the team has additional access to an indoor 50-meter pool. The team is a non-profit, 501c3 organization with talented coaching staff, experienced and supportive board members, and dedicated and enthusiastic parent volunteers that together have successfully produced significant swimmer growth in recent years. Our team spirit, camaraderie and sportsmanship are unparalleled. Our team has grown a wide pool of USA Swim officials, including the current LSC Officials Chair, and has host a state-level championship swim meet, during LCM Summer 2013
The Head Coach leads and manages all ‘wet side’ club operations, and reports to the Board President with accountability to the Board. The coaching staff reports directly to the Head Coach. The Head Coach will develop and execute the swim program at all levels, from Novice through Senior-level groups.
Located in northeastern Dane County, the team serves several economically strong communities, including Deforest and Sun Prairie. Dane County is the home of Madison, Wisconsin – over the years, Madison has made the top of many “best” lists, including best place to live and work, a top green city, and best college sports town.
· Minimum of 5 years coaching or combination coaching/college swimming experience; Head Coach experience preferred.
· Passion for competitive swimming, with demonstrated results growing swimmers through the sport. Proven ability to cultivate a challenging yet fun team environment and foster a lifelong love of the sport.
· Strong experience in: season planning, developing daily practice workouts (including a logical curriculum across swim groups), technique, and physical / mental conditioning. Oversee dry land and strength training.
· Managing and mentoring coaching staff of all levels
· Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills are a must.
· Current or eligible for USA Swimming coach registration; CPR, First Aid, and Coaches Safety Training certified; pass our club’s pre-employment screening. ASCA Coach Level 3 preferred.
· Experience with managing a coach staffing budget and with Hytek, Meet Manager, Team Unify, and Google docs a plus
DFAC Swimming provides a competitive compensation package. In addition to an attractive base salary, we offer bonus, merit pay, health/dental benefits, paid vacation and holidays, training opportunities, and reimbursement for USA Swimming/Red Cross certifications. Compensation is negotiable based on experience, and on the willingness of the candidate to provide additional revenue opportunities. First review of application materials will be on July 25, and the position will remain open until filled. All applicants will be held in strictest confidence. The position is open September 2013, but candidates may start earlier as their availability allows. Please send a resume, cover letter, statement of coaching philosophy, and salary requirements to Board President Beth McKay at President@dfacswimming.org. For more information, contact Beth at 608-345-0744. For more detailed information, see our additional posting on ASCA’s website at www.swimmingcoach.org.