Thread: Workout logs for ipad

Workout logs for ipad

Does anyone use their ipad to keep track of sets, and times. If so, what are you using on your iPad, google docs, or just a notes program. I am finding the ipad is great for videos and immediate feedback. But I want to do more with it.
    Doug Garcia

Re: Workout logs for ipad

Hi Doug! I use my iPad for just about everything with the team. I create my workouts in Word, burn to PDF and store them in Dropbox. Swimmers can be invited to that Dropbox and have access to my 500+ workouts. I can access the workouts from Dropbox on the iPad/iPhone or from Evernote (which I prefer). I store my training plan (updated monthly) in Evernote. I film with the iPad and use either Coach's Eye or Finis Stroke Labs to analyze the films. I take attendance using the Attendance2. I show swimmers videos of drills (when they might not understand what I am trying to describe).

At swim meets, I track swimmers events with a stop watch app (on iPhone or iPad), film their races the iPad, and update our Team's Facebook page with results along with pictures and videos. iPad or similar is just an awesome tool for a coach. In the rainy weather, I put an inexpensive TrendyDigital waterproof cover on it and I'm set. The Lifeproof Nuud for the iPad is great, but I don't like changing in and out of it, so the cover I have works best for me. Hope that helps!

Thanks Cokie. I hadn't thought to look for an Attendance app, I was trying to do it all in a excel spreadsheet and google docs.

I do timed 500s every 6-8 weeks, annually the 3000 postal, and then monthly 200s (Kerry's idea) in the spring. So I like to keep track of those times. I am using Coach's Eye and that's been great. I am thinking of getting a underwater housing for my ipad and attach it to a pole so I can stick the whole thing in the pool and record from the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cokie View Post
    Hi Doug! I use my iPad for just about everything with the team. I create my workouts in Word, burn to PDF and store them in Dropbox. Swimmers can be invited to that Dropbox and have access to my 500+ workouts. I can access the workouts from Dropbox on the iPad/iPhone or from Evernote (which I prefer). I store my training plan (updated monthly) in Evernote. I film with the iPad and use either Coach's Eye or Finis Stroke Labs to analyze the films. I take attendance using the Attendance2. I show swimmers videos of drills (when they might not understand what I am trying to describe).

At swim meets, I track swimmers events with a stop watch app (on iPhone or iPad), film their races the iPad, and update our Team's Facebook page with results along with pictures and videos. iPad or similar is just an awesome tool for a coach. In the rainy weather, I put an inexpensive TrendyDigital waterproof cover on it and I'm set. The Lifeproof Nuud for the iPad is great, but I don't like changing in and out of it, so the cover I have works best for me. Hope that helps!
    Doug Garcia

Participating Member

I find email works very well. Write the workout in an email using any device, send to myself, open that email on my iPad or iPhone, reply to message and make notes of changes or comments during workout, re-send to myself and file in workout only folder. All the emails are in one place and in order by date and the best part of it is using the search function when looking for a particular item.
    Piranha Swim Team Masters: Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio Www.piranhaswimteam.org