Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Nationals

Blog Entries

Re: 2016 Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    Is it too early to buy air tickets to r-durham for spring Nats. now? Is this a good airport to land in to go to Greensboro?
    You can fly into Raleigh-Durham(RDU) or Charlotte Douglas(CLT) Raleigh is about 70-80 miles from Greensboro. Charlotte is about 90-100 miles away. Greensboro has an airport but I have no clue as to the airlines or flights that go there.

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    Is it too early to buy air tickets to r-durham for spring Nats. now? Is this a good airport to land in to go to Greensboro?
    You can actually fly into Greensboro.
    Glenn Gruber

Blog Entries

Why on earth would you book your flight now? That's just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    Any idea when the qualifying times will be posted?
    Standard policy is to post the initial "meet landing page" by October 15 for Spring Nationals. The original page will only include links to the facility itself, Order of Events and NQTs. The official meet information will be posted by January 1, which mirrors the info that comes out in the Jan/Feb SWIMMER magazine. Online entries are expected by February 15.

Dates for Summer Nationals for these items are January 15 (meet landing page), May 1 (May/June SWIMMER magazine meet info) and May 15 (online entries), respectively. Some of these dates are contingent upon receiving information from the meet host and would be subject to change if that info is delayed.

Jeff Roddin
    USMS Championship Committee

Thanx Wookiee.

Age Grouper in Training jaadams1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey everyone...anyone know if the events for each day of LC Nationals at Mt. Hood CC is posted anywhere yet? I'm trying to get my days off requested for this year...It's quite a hassle at my work sometimes, and I have to beat out the others...

Plus having Nationals so close gives me an incentive to get my butt back in shape. Even if it is Long Course (Ewwwwwww.......)
    "Don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do." - K.A. Benthin

Inland NW Top Ten & Records Chair, and Web-Dude
    www.inlandnwmasters.org

Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1 View Post
    Hey everyone...anyone know if the events for each day of LC Nationals at Mt. Hood CC is posted anywhere yet? I'm trying to get my days off requested for this year...It's quite a hassle at my work sometimes, and I have to beat out the others...

Plus having Nationals so close gives me an incentive to get my butt back in shape. Even if it is Long Course (Ewwwwwww.......)
    According to the USMS rulebook, this needs to be published no less than six months before the meet. Which means it should be posted on the USMS website within the next 4 weeks. Or sooner

Jeff

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Hey, James! Where have you been buddy? Get your butt back on the Forums, too, and bring That Guy back on with you. I miss you guys!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Age Grouper in Training jaadams1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    Hey, James! Where have you been buddy? Get your butt back on the Forums, too, and bring That Guy back on with you. I miss you guys!
    Elaine...mainly working, I began a new job at Tree Top, still doing production line maintenance, at the end of summer 2013, and it's taken over my life. Also started a fully involved whole house remodel too. So my swimming is sporadic at best, but I'm trying to work back into shape for this summer since Nationals is so close...and I have family to stay with in the area.
    "Don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do." - K.A. Benthin

Inland NW Top Ten & Records Chair, and Web-Dude
    www.inlandnwmasters.org

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1 View Post
    Elaine...mainly working, I began a new job at Tree Top, still doing production line maintenance, at the end of summer 2013, and it's taken over my life. Also started a fully involved whole house remodel too. So my swimming is sporadic at best, but I'm trying to work back into shape for this summer since Nationals is so close...and I have family to stay with in the area.

Good luck at Nationals!
    I won't be at Summer Nationals, but I will be in Greensboro for Spring Nationals.
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Participating Member

Park Lane Four Seasons (1 mile from pool) in Greensboro seems to be closed.

Three months to go. I am on pace for some of my goals this year as I age up to --- OMG ---- 70

Participating Member Sutter Dog's Avatar

Planning to attend both meets this year. Any recommendations on what hotel to reserve in Greensboro? I absolutely cannot tolerate secondhand smoke. It does not appear that hotels are smoke free in this part of the country.
    Gary D. Swenor
    Nevada City, CA 95959

Quote Originally Posted by Sutter Dog View Post
    Planning to attend both meets this year. Any recommendations on what hotel to reserve in Greensboro? I absolutely cannot tolerate secondhand smoke. It does not appear that hotels are smoke free in this part of the country.
    Any Marriott property will be smoke-free. I believe the downtown Greensboro Marriott is on the hotel list.

Jeff

Online entry is now open for the 2016 Spring Nationals. The entry deadline is Monday, March 28 and those who enter by March 8 will receive a $10 discount off the meet surcharge. Late entries are not accepted. A real-time meet roster is also available showing who has entered the meet so far.
    I can't remember a life before Google.
    Fortunately, I can Google it.

OOHHH ?? The order of events is making me nervous in the choice I must make!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matysekj View Post
    Online entry is now open for the 2016 Spring Nationals. The entry deadline is Monday, March 28 and those who enter by March 8 will receive a $10 discount off the meet surcharge. Late entries are not accepted. A real-time meet roster is also available showing who has entered the meet so far.
    Please note there will be a mixed 400 free relay on Friday (last event of the session). If 400 relays have been offered at Short Course Nationals, it was at least 25 years ago.

The order of events is available here: http://www.usms.org/comp/meetevents....0160428ramgsaY

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jroddin View Post
    Please note there will be a mixed 400 free relay on Friday (last event of the session). If 400 relays have been offered at Short Course Nationals, it was at least 25 years ago.

The order of events is available here: http://www.usms.org/comp/meetevents....0160428ramgsaY

Jeff
    Is the 400 free relay JUST a mixed relay or does that designation, in this case, include a 400 free relay for men and a 400 relay for women as well?

Glenn Gruber
    Glenn Gruber

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Is the 400 free relay JUST a mixed relay or does that designation, in this case, include a 400 free relay for men and a 400 relay for women as well?

Glenn Gruber
    Just a Mixed 400 Free Relay.

That is a new event to think about. I need to enroll my team mates.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast