Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Nationals

Blog Entries

Re: 2016 Nationals

I will assume that you can only swim the 1500 or 800, not both even though they are on different days just like Maryland.
    Delware Valley Chair, Top Ten Recorder, DV LMSC Records
    http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?u=2837

Out swim and out last the others ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt View Post
    I will assume that you can only swim the 1500 or 800, not both even though they are on different days just like Maryland.
    Was Maryland a five day schedule? I'm presuming we'll be able to swim both.

Quote Originally Posted by knelson View Post
    I'm pretty sure that we'll be able to swim both the 1500 and 800 at Mount Hood this summer.

Very Active Member Sandi Rousseau's Avatar

Allen and All, the Oregon Mt. Hood format is five days with the 1500 only on Wednesday. The estimated timeline for that is 2 PM (based on past five day LC national meets) so it is a long enough day as is without the 800 on the same day and only one pool. A swimmer will be allowed to swim only one of the 800 and 1500 distance events and must make the NQT to swim the 1500. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are estimated to end between 4:30 and 5 PM and Sunday mid afternoon around 3 PM. These, of course, are all estimates based on prior five day national meets with about the same estimated attendance. No guarantees until entries are in.

We try to never start a day at nationals with a relay as it is so hectic. When we have a distance event first, we often have a relay after the 30 minute warm-up/break, but not as the very first event of the day.

Thanks for the clarification Sandi!

Blog Entries

I have a feeling the 1500 could be a little light. For those outside Oregon you've effectively got to get in to town on Tuesday to swim it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by knelson View Post
    We weren't allowed to do both at Maryland! I didn't go due to work and all my events were done by Friday. I don't recall anything that I wanted to swim on Saturday and Sunday.
    Delware Valley Chair, Top Ten Recorder, DV LMSC Records
    http://forums.usms.org/blog.php?u=2837

Very Active Member

Look at meet timelines (actual) from previous years to give you an idea. I doubt attendance will be as high as in San Antonio last year - less exciting to most as a place to visit and bring family, plus it's on the east coast, much longer travel time for those from out west.

Also in the past the NEM team has helped pair folks up for sharing rooms. You should contact Tracy Grilli to see if she's helping with that this year.

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hnatkin View Post
    Look at meet timelines (actual) from previous years to give you an idea.
    The most accurate may be looking at the timeline from Greensboro Nationals in 2012.
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Please remember that today (Monday March 28) is the last day to enter the Spring Nationals. Late entries are not accepted. Enter now
    I can't remember a life before Google.
    Fortunately, I can Google it.

Yup !! I double checked my events.

Are the men and women swimming together as mixed events in the 1000 and 1650 or will we be separated by gender?

Blog Entries

from the Nats info page .... "Womenís heats will precede menís heats for each event, except that menís and womenís heats may be seeded together for the 1000 and 1650 freestyles. The 1000 and 1650 freestyles will be seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age"
    As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

Quote Originally Posted by drip'nwet View Post
    Are the men and women swimming together as mixed events in the 1000 and 1650 or will we be separated by gender?
    Actually, here is a better quote from the Meet Info page with the specific answer to your question contained in the last sentence:

Seeding

Two courses will be used for all events. Womenís heats will precede menís heats for each event, except that menís and womenís heats may be seeded together for the 1000 and 1650 freestyles. The 1000 and 1650 freestyles will be seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age. The 500 free and 400 IM may be seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age. The 200-yard events may be deck-seeded and may be seeded by entry time, regardless of age, for each gender. All 50 and 100 events will be preseeded by age group, with the oldest age groups first, slowest to fastest within each group. All seeding decisions will be announced at usms.org by April 11, 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by jackback View Post
    from the Nats info page .... "Womenís heats will precede menís heats for each event, except that menís and womenís heats may be seeded together for the 1000 and 1650 freestyles. The 1000 and 1650 freestyles will be seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age"
    That does not answer my question! As a matter of fact-that is the question-which is it for the distance events! Thank you Jeff - my answer will come on April 11

Very Active Member TRYM_Swimmer's Avatar

Cool Re: 2016 Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    Elaine - I hope to meet you in person at this meet. We missed at Messa and & read you articles all the time.
    I have a great story for you. I'm in the 1,650 on thur & the 200 fly on fri. PM me if you get a chance.
    I'll see you in the 200 Fly. I met Elaine briefly in MD in 2014. Looking forward to meeting other Forumites at this one. Look for the guy in the TRYM gear.

So proud of all the work you're putting into this next event! Keep up the training and lots of good luck!

9 days till our state meet here in Illinois. I can't look at where I am in National heats till I finish those events. Nervous already.

Seeding
    The 1000 and 1650 freestyle events will be deck seeded slowest to fastest by entry time, regardless of age and gender (i.e. men and women combined). The 400 IM and 500 freestyle events will be deck seeded by age group, with the oldest age groups first, slowest to fastest within each age group and men and women separate. All 50s, 100s and 200s will be pre-seeded by age group, with the oldest age groups first, slowest to fastest within each age group and men and women separate. Some limited exceptions may apply to swimmers not meeting National Qualifying Times--they may be seeded in heats closer to their seed times. Womenís heats will precede menís heats for all events. All events will be swum in two 10-lane courses.

Jeff Roddin
    USMS Championship Committee

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast