Thread: Fitness Event Results

Bill Volckening

Fitness Event Results

Greetings,

Results of the inaugural USMS 30-Minute Swim Challenge, and the inaugural Virtual Geographic Swim Series are now available in the Fitness section of the USMS web site.

Results for the 30-Minute Swim Challenge are available at:

http://www.usms.org/fitness/resultsswim30_03.shtml

Results for the Virtual Geographic Swim Series are available at:

http://www.usms.org/fitness/resultsvs_03.shtml

Many thanks to Lee Carlson, director of the 30-Minute Swim, and Pam Himstreet, director of the Virtual Swim Series.

Bill Volckening
    Vice Chair
    USMS Fitness Committee

Many Thanks!

I got my t-shirt and certificate today for the virtual swim series- they are both really great! Thanks to all who put this event together.

Who would have thought that I would log the most miles in my age group or be the youngest person to do the event. And, I now have one of the coolest t-shirts ever.

I am sure that others are up to the virtual swim challenge - it really is a lot of fun - join me in swimming America's waterways!

Swimmer Bill
    Way to go, Lizzie!

I'm looking forward to receiving my T-shirt. Pam is going to save postage and bring it to me at the swim meet this weekend. I can't wait!

The 30-Minute Swim T-shirt turned out well, too...

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Virtual Swims. Make sure to encourage your friends to do it this year, and try the 30-Minute Swim, too.

Swimmer Bill

Thumbs up Many Thanks!!

Many Thanks to Oregon Masters for sponsoring this event and to the people who put this together!!

I really enjoyed the swims and the articles that went with the venues!

The T-Shirt is GREAT, the certificate is really COOL!!

I'll surely be "Back Again" in 2004 or was that doing backstroke again??

Thanks!

I had a blast trying to swim all those waterways. Thanks to Pam and all of her helpers in putting this together. I can't wait to get my shirt at the meet this weekend and wear it with pride!

Very Active Member
    Thanks for the virtual swim. I really enjoyed the challenge and it gave me a goal for the year. I will be back next year.

The Tshirt is great and so is the certificate. In addition this is the only time I will ever get a first place in my life. Yes I realize that I was the only entry in my age group but at my age you take what you can get. The people I work with know that I am obcessed with swimming so I took the certificate to work to show them all 200 miles. My coworkers now feel sorry for my wife.

I know that your club went to a lot of work to sponser the virtual swim and I appreciate your efforts. Thanks for all of your efforts.

Have a great day

Paul