Thread: Seattle-based Husky Masters Swimming seeking coaches

Participating Member

Seattle-based Husky Masters Swimming seeking coaches

Husky Masters Swimming, based in Seattle at the University of Washington, is seeking one or more coaches to start in late September 2015. We hold four weekly workouts (typically M/W/F 5:30-7pm, Sun 11:15am-12:45pm). We have a strong tradition of having creative, engaging, and challenging workouts given by dedicated coaches. Ideal candidates will have great interpersonal skills and are comfortable engaging with swimmers from various backgrounds (competitive, fitness, and triathlon) and in aiding swimmers in technique improvement. Prior competitive swimming experience is required. Prior coaching experience is beneficial, but it is more important that candidates demonstrate a supreme ability to design interval-based, goal-oriented workouts.

Please email JoinHuskyMasters@gmail.com for more information!

Participating Member

Re: Seattle-based Husky Masters Swimming seeking coaches

Hi all,
    We are still looking for coaches- if you know of anyone who might be interested, we would really appreciate if you could spread the word. Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by jebraggin View Post
    Husky Masters Swimming, based in Seattle at the University of Washington, is seeking one or more coaches to start in late September 2015. We hold four weekly workouts (typically M/W/F 5:30-7pm, Sun 11:15am-12:45pm). We have a strong tradition of having creative, engaging, and challenging workouts given by dedicated coaches. Ideal candidates will have great interpersonal skills and are comfortable engaging with swimmers from various backgrounds (competitive, fitness, and triathlon) and in aiding swimmers in technique improvement. Prior competitive swimming experience is required. Prior coaching experience is beneficial, but it is more important that candidates demonstrate a supreme ability to design interval-based, goal-oriented workouts.

Please email JoinHuskyMasters@gmail.com for more information!

Re: Seattle-based Husky Masters Swimming seeking coaches

Hello!
    I just ran across your post on the USMS site. It's not allowing me to answer back on the site. I am in Florida at the moment and will be moving to Seattle in Feb or March, 2016. I know you are looking for coaches now, but would you mind if I contact you again after my arrival to see if you are still looking for coaches or may need new ones at that time? I have a lifelong history with swimming starting at a very young age (butterfly and IM) as Florida State Champion, High School All American and Masters National Champion. I am a therapeutic massage therapist and have also been training Tri athletes in swim stroke technique training for the past 10 years. For 2 years, I coached under Harry Meisel, along with his son Kevin, coaching swimmers in his National Swim Team Stroke Technique programs at Rollins College in Winter Park, FL. (Although, I have to say, it was awhile ago.) I am very interested in getting back in the pool again personally, but also into coaching again. I will be taking coaching courses from both the USMS and ASCA over the next few months. It would be really nice to be on deck again and at very least, I am sure I will join the team! Thank you!