Thread: Anybody else swim in WY?

Anybody else swim in WY?

Just curious if there are any other swimmers in WY that participate on the boards here. If so, shoot me a PM

I was wondering why there wasn't more people on the wyo chats. I'm from WY but am not there now (soon to be close). Though swimming was pretty big when I was in high school (or so I thought). Though I haven't seen anyone on the chats till you.

As you know, there just aren't a lot of people in WY. Thus won't be many posts in this forum.

But hopefully more people will check in on this forum and maybe someday there'll be more than 1 masters swim per city! :lol:

Participating Member
    i'm in north carolina now, but grew up swimming in gillette. sorry you're all alone up there doc, i'll keep an eye out for more

fatbtmdgrl - I think you'll be looking a long while

I keep trying to get some of my friends to swim masters, but they'd rather hit themselves in the head with a hammer than swim again

Very Active Member

WY

Hey Doc,
    Have you checked your private message board?

Participating Member
    Don't swim anymore, but I'm looking at maybe getting back in the water a bit.

Participating Member
    There are a few of us in the Big Horn Basin who compete in USA Swimming. If you go to the Wyoming Swimming website and look under results you'll find there are several swimmers around Wyoming who compete in USA Swimming, Cowboy State Games, and the Wyoming Senior Olympics. Hope to see you at the Lander Spook Splash in October, the Worland Turkey Thrash in November, or the Riverton RAT (Riverton Aquatic Team) Race in December.

Originally posted by T.J.
    There are a few of us in the Big Horn Basin who compete in USA Swimming. If you go to the Wyoming Swimming website and look under results you'll find there are several swimmers around Wyoming who compete in USA Swimming, Cowboy State Games, and the Wyoming Senior Olympics. Hope to see you at the Lander Spook Splash in October, the Worland Turkey Thrash in November, or the Riverton RAT (Riverton Aquatic Team) Race in December.
    Hopefully I'll be able to make those, but I don't know. It'll be a money thing for me. On a tight budget right now. But hopefully (assuming nothing else in my house breaks - yeah right) I'll have some extra cash within the next few months

I have many trophies from those swim events from when I was little up to 18 years old. Those we're so awesome. I swam for the Riverton Aquatic Team for all those years and then the High School Team. Would be so fun to do it all again, but I live in Denver now, so you guys have fun. It's such a blast.

Kelli,

Participating Member

Re: Anybody else swim in WY?

Hi I just started with the form. I live in Laramie.

Participating Member

I'm in Casper. Two of us train consistently together and compete in some meets.

Participating Member

Hey, I'm a newcomer to casper, and I've been swimming a lot at the aquatic center. I'd be interested to training together, and joining some of those meets. Please get back to me.

Participating Member

There is a meet in Casper january 28th and 29th
    http://www.teamunify.com/EventsCurre...454&team=wycsc
    for info.

It would be great if you all could come so we could have some "all masters" heats!

Participating Member

oh, and btw...T.J from the big horn basin represents us old dudes well in the 200 fly! I might be ready to come after you if you swim at our meet in casper!