Thread: Thanks Greensboro, Officials, Volunteers!

Blog Entries

Thanks Greensboro, Officials, Volunteers!

Just woke up after a great 4 days in Greensboro at Nationals and want to make sure I express my deep thanks to everyone who made this Nationals happen.
    • As with 2012, the facility was impressive, the pool fast, the seating sufficient (and pretty comfortable considering 1800 of us plus our 'fan base' was there) and the water was perfect racing temperature and crystalline.
    • I'm simply stunned with how close to the timeline the meet went- I cannot recall a single, technical glitch throughout the entire meet causing any sort of appreciable delay. Having been an official at many USA meets in my life, this is nothing short of a miracle.
    • Speaking of the officials, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. The days were long and you all were there making sure everything went off smoothly and legally.
    • As for all of the Volunteers across the entire operation, I loved the smiles and gracious southern hospitality evidenced by every person I interacted with - from check-in to awards, from the timers to the meet marshals, and many more.
    • ... and, outside of the pool, the city of Greensboro, even with a bit of construction, was an easy city to get around in and enjoy.

I hope it was a good result for Greensboro and that we'll be back there again - 2020??

Very Active Member

Re: Thanks Greensboro, Officials, Volunteers!

ditto

what a great run meet!!!

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Yes! Thanks to everybody who worked hard, long hours to put on an excellent meet! Great job!!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

Participating Member

Strong work! Well done! Thanks so much to everybody!! Really great time! Jani Kregor

Another big Thank You! Very clear that so much time and effort went in to making it work so very well. Constant positive interactions with people all around. So many friendly, smiling faces. It was much appreciated.

I'll share my thanks too. I have been away from the sport for quite some time until this spring and just can't believe the organization, enthusiasm, dedication, and performance of USMS and the entire team of volunteers.

Very Active Member

Fantastic, well-run meet. Thanks so much to all the volunteers, meet director, officials and everyone who worked so hard to make this USMS Nationals a great experience.
    Mary Pohlmann

Participating Member

Although not formally authorized to do so, I'm going to speak on behalf of the Greensboro contingent. First of all, thank you to all of the swimmers from around the country who attended. We're lucky to have the GAC facility and the confidence of the USMS holding the meet here for the second time in 4 years. A huge recognition for Don Gilchrist who put all the volunteers together for the meet and sacrificed his own swimming during the meet to ensure that everything went off without a hitch. And to our co-host team, Raleigh Area Masters who had a large number of volunteers staffing registration and other venues. Thanks again for coming and hope to have the meet here again soon.