These practices are written for the competitive USMS swimmers that meet at the Swim Atlanta pool in Roswell at noon. (Not all of the swimmers do this same practice.)
Come join us! Contact email@example.com or (770) 992-7946
If you feel you're not in the shape that you once were, come anyway -- we were all in that same boat too -- you'll catch up! (Most of our swimmers only swim to stay in shape and they do not compete at all.)
The practices are primarily 60 minutes. Sometimes you'll see a shorter practice because we got in late or got out early. Occasionally you'll see a longer practice.
The general philosophy is mixed training of energy systems with usually one USRPT-inspired set each week.
These practices are intended to be geared for performance in 50s, 100s, and 200s; they may or may not lend themselves to decent 400/500s, 800/1000s, or 1500/1650s.
Some examples of common acronyms that will be used:
- KDS: Kick drill swim
- 300 IM KDS: 4 times through in IM order (25 kick, 25 drill, 25 swim)
- 1000 SKIPS: 200 Swim, 200 Kick, 200 IM, 200 Pull, 200 Swim
- 1000 SKIDS: 200 Swim, 200 Kick, 200 IM, 200 Drill, 200 Swim
- IMO by round: The stroke for first round of a set should be fly, second round should be back, etc
- RIM or RIMO: Reverse IM or Reverse IM order
- FRIM: IM except replace the fly with free
- UW: underwater
- BC4: Breathe every 4
- CH: Choice
- AFAFAP: As far as fast as possible
- AFAP: As far as possible
- [Square brackets] - These are notes on my own performance. For example, [:28] means I was holding :28.
Only swim practices are specified here: any supplementary strength & conditioning activities will not be included in this thread.
Each post usually consists of five practices for one week; the post is usually updated with the daily practice as the week progresses.