Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2017 short course nationals in Riverside, California

Re: 2017 short course nationals in Riverside, California

Attached is the estimated timeline for the meet.

The pace of the meet will be independent of this timeline (i.e. it won't be sped up or slowed down to keep with the timeline). The timeline is purely a guide as to our best estimate of when events will begin.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by jroddin View Post
    Attached is the estimated timeline for the meet.

The pace of the meet will be independent of this timeline (i.e. it won't be sped up or slowed down to keep with the timeline). The timeline is purely a guide as to our best estimate of when events will begin.

Jeff
    Jeff, do you happen to know if the 30 min warmup after the 500 will open up any lanes to allow us to go off the blocks?
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Ekman View Post
    Jeff, do you happen to know if the 30 min warmup after the 500 will open up any lanes to allow us to go off the blocks?
    Thanks in advance
    Yes, that is the plan. The On-deck coaches will help with starts. Please thank them for volunteering their time.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jroddin View Post
    Yes, that is the plan. The On-deck coaches will help with starts. Please thank them for volunteering their time.

Jeff
    with certainty

Jeff or others,

How will the parking passes be distributed if you buy one online ahead of time? If I buy one today, what happens when I arrive to park on Thursday before I have a chance to get my race packet? I've read the email several times and could not definitively conclude what would happen.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    Jeff or others,

How will the parking passes be distributed if you buy one online ahead of time? If I buy one today, what happens when I arrive to park on Thursday before I have a chance to get my race packet? I've read the email several times and could not definitively conclude what would happen.

Thank you
    This too was my question. Will I get a parking ticket while picking up my parking pass? I already purchased one online. I'm one of the lucky few who gets to sleep in their own bed so picking it up early would be no problem for me.

Jeff or others,

Thank you
    From the host:

Thank you to all of the participants, who have pre-purchased parking passes. It will greatly help the parking flow into the college. The parking passes (and other purchased passes or tickets) will be included in your registration packet that you will receive at check in at the meet.

The RCC parking staff are aware of the pre-sales, so will allow drivers to enter the college and park your vehicle. After checking in, you will have to place the pass on the dashboard of your vehicle.

Please note: Participants must park in WHITE LINED STALLS only. Yellow lined stalls are staff parking stalls and the RCC parking services will ticket vehicles parked in these stalls.

Thank you Jeff

Participating Member

Does anyone know of any public pools in the area with lap swim in the morning or around noon next Wednesday? The Aquatics Complex isn't open until 3pm for warm-up, and that's a bit later than I wanted to do my pre-meet warm-up. I called the city and they said none of their public pools are open until mid-June. Anyone here familiar with the pools in the area?

Has anyone seen info on how often the shuttle is running? I can't find it anywhere.

I have paid for a 4 day parking pass. Where will I pick this up? Will it be mailed to me or must I get it at a pick up point at the pool?
    Thanx for replies..

Orca,

Go back a few posts (#67) and the process is explained there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
    Jim

Participating Member

The weather forecast for next weekend is 91-92 degrees. Be prepared. I don't recall much shade at this facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterlynn View Post
    Does anyone know of any public pools in the area with lap swim in the morning or around noon next Wednesday? The Aquatics Complex isn't open until 3pm for warm-up, and that's a bit later than I wanted to do my pre-meet warm-up. I called the city and they said none of their public pools are open until mid-June. Anyone here familiar with the pools in the area?
    Your best bet is to get a free pass to 24 Hour Fitness. There are 3 located near the swim venue in San Bernardino, Redlands, and Fontana (south), and all are just off the 10 freeway. All have pace clocks, and the south Fontana location has 2 pools. Iím a member and I use the San Bernardino location. There are other pools in the area but require city residency or a specific employer. If you go this route, bring your own toys (kickboard, pull buoys, among others).

If you need to know about the local brew pubs, I can help with that too...LOL.

Does anyone know when and where the links to the webcam will be posted? Or at least the web page where they will be ? I usually email friends and family a link to that page so they can easily click to watch. Thanks in advance!

Participating Member

Thanks, Smiley! I'm also a member at LA Fitness and I think there's a few around there, too, but they rarely have pace clocks. I'll check it out!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smiley92407 View Post
    If you need to know about the local brew pubs, I can help with that too...LOL.
    Yes, do tell!

Quote Originally Posted by knelson View Post
    Yes, do tell!

By request.

The brew pub that I was going to suggest, Heroes Restaurant and Brewery, is already listed in the Meet Program on page 12. They have rolled out the red carpet for us on Thursday April 27 starting at 5pm. The microbreweries that I am most familiar with are all in nearby Redlands, Hangar 24, Escape, and Ritual. All can be found on tap in the area. Hangar 24 will be hosting the beer garden for the USMS social on Friday April 27, and is on page 8 of the program. During my last visit to Hangar 24 I asked which beers would they be serving for the Friday social and I was told it would be their popular varieties. Another good microbrewery is Sons of Liberty Aleworks in Norco.

Does anyone know when and where the links to the webcam will be posted? Or at least the web page where they will be ? I usually email friends and family a link to that page so they can easily click to watch. Thanks in advance!
    Rob,

It should appear on the Nat'ls page http://www.usms.org/comp/scnats17/ somewhere on the sidebar (left hand side) under "IN THIS SECTION" once the IT team gets it set up.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Ekman View Post
    Has anyone seen info on how often the shuttle is running? I can't find it anywhere.
    Im gonna bump this question again, only because I still can't find the answer to this question. Any info would be helpful. I can find a map, but not times or frequencies.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast