Thread: Hy-Tek Team manager to keep track of LMSC records

Very Active Member Dennis Tesch's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hy-Tek Team manager to keep track of LMSC records

I am in search of another LMSC Top Ten/Records person who keeps track of their LMSC records with Hy-Tek Team Manager. I am hoping you can help me out.

Dennis Tesch
    Utah Masters

Re: Hy-Tek Team manager to keep track of LMSC records

Dennis, there's a way that's not terribly difficult. I've used it now in two different LMSCs. I'm not 100% certain it will work in the "free" Top Ten license of Meet Manager, but I THINK it will.

The short answer is to create a "dummy" meet for each course. That meet has all the events in it, and could even include events that are in the standard program (e.g. 4x100IM Relay or 25Free). Then create tags for each record - N for National, L or U for Local/Utah. Using the procedures on the web site, download and upload the national records. Then enter the local records from whatever your current source is - depending on what that is, you may be able to massage them manually in the .scy/.scm/.lcm format, or you may just have to type them in by hand.

At this point, you have all your records (National and Local) in a Meet Manager file. Then for each meet, you export the records from the dummy master meet file, then import them into the individual meet file. The individual meet file just ignores any events in the records file that aren't being swum.

After the meet, you can run a Records Summary from Reports-Meet Summary and chose Record Breakers in the Report Type radio button. This will give you a report that shows all the records broken at that meet. Print that out, then open your dummy meet in Meet Manager and manually update the records.

There are some additional details to be aware of, but that's the basics. Send me a PM if you'd like to work through this together on the phone sometime - happy to do so.

Mike Abegg,
    Illinois Masters Top Ten Recorder
    Pacific Masters Officials Chair

Re: Hy-Tek Team manager to keep track of LMSC records

Replying to my own post - just re-read Dennis' comment and it was about using Team Manager. I've never figured out how to use Team Manager for this because (unless it has changed since TM6.0), Team Manager doesn't deal with the USMS records format. But the method I described using Meet Manager actually is pretty slick.

Mike