Thread: Indy Heat Sheets, Timeline, and Team Divisions

Indy Heat Sheets, Timeline, and Team Divisions

The estimated meet timeline, the team divisions for scoring, and the heat sheets for all pre-seeded event have now been added to the Short Course Nationals area. Heat sheets for the deck-seeded events (any event over 200 yards) will be added for reference during the meet.

Also, the check-in deadline for the 1650 Freestyle has been set at 9:30 AM on Thursday, April 22.

dorothyrd
    Awesome job getting heat sheets and timeline up, Thanks.

Question: From the timeline it looks like the meet is only running in one pool.... Is that the case? Will competition be North side and warm-up, warm-down be south?

Originally posted by dorothyrd
    Question: From the timeline it looks like the meet is only running in one pool.... Is that the case? Will competition be North side and warm-up, warm-down be south? [/B]
    Both competition pools will be used for all events. The even heats will be run in one pool and the odd heats in the other. I don't know offhand which pool will be used for even heats, but it will be posted and available in the meet program.

One other reminder for distance swimmers - the 1000 and 1650 Freestyle events will be seeded with men and women swimming together. This information was included in the original meet information packet.

I keep forgetting... Indiana is on CST, right? (So they are an hour behind Chicago, CDT ?)

I want to make sure, because I got screwed up at the GRIN Fall Classic. (Especially since that weekend was the time change!)

Very Active Member

Time Zone for Indianapolis

No, Mark,

The time zone for Indianapolis is EST all year round. Now that Illinois is on CDT, the time in Indianapolis is the same as in Chicago. Do not change your watch.

Mary
    Mary Pohlmann

dorothyrd
    And good thing too, because warm-ups would be really, really early!

Very Active Member jim clemmons's Avatar
    And good thing too, because warm-ups would be really, really early!
    Think so? Try coming in from the West Coast if you want to see early! (yawn)

Blog Entries
    I hear you! I'm in the first event Friday morning. That's going to seem pretty early to my body. Too bad I haven't been doing morning workouts.

Very Active Member jim clemmons's Avatar
    Too bad I haven't been doing morning workouts.
    Kirk,

I tried this in 2000 when SC Nat's were last in Indy and it seemed to work pretty well. I think you can do this if you've got a couple of days before you leave and have time to take a nap in the afternoon.

Get up at 3:00am and stay up until about 10:00am and then sleep for an hour or two. This will simulate the time frames you (may) experience during the trip.

It equates to rising at 5:00am with a break to nap around noon Indy local time.

At least your body will have some "feeling" to reference so it is not shocked senseless and besides, your youth should help you in adapting fairly easily.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by jim clemmons
    Get up at 3:00am and stay up until about 10:00am and then sleep for an hour or two. This will simulate the time frames you (may) experience during the trip.
    This would be great if I didn't have to work

I think I can hack it. I wake up normally at 5:45, so at least my body will be used to being awake at the time of my first event. I get into Indy Thursday afternoon, so I should be able to get everything I need to done then hit the sack at a reasonable hour.

Thursday registration/warm ups

Does anyone know how late registration and warm up will be available on Thursday? The meet info leads me to believe it's only until 1/2 hour following the conclusion of the events that day. According to the timeline, that would only be 3:30pm or so.

We'll be coming in later than that and I had hoped to get accustomed to the pool before Friday morning.

Thanks.

The meet Host is only required to keep registration open until the end of each day's last event. Also, the Host is only required to have warmups in the competition pool for 30 minutes following the last event each day.

Is that the official answer?
    I also would like to stretch out after my drive tomorrow. Wondering if there will be some guards on duty for their "regular" people who may come and do evening laps ordinarily?