Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 86

Thread: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

  1. #21
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Usher View Post
    Actually the "Secret Sauce" effect has been known for some time:

    "…when Ryan Lochte competed in the Summer Games in Beijing, he took his meals at the McDonald’s in the Olympic Village. “Breakfast, lunch, and dinner,” he later told ESPN, explaining simply: “I knew what I was getting.” "

    http://www.outsideonline.com/2099026...ot-be-defeated

    Obviously, Lochte spilled the "secret" to Marsh when he went to train at SwimMAC.
    Marsh failed Lochte at SwimMAC. Big time.

    The secret sauce is more about how America has always been the superior nation when it comes to knowledge about physiology of training and technique in swimming.

    Sharing these secrets with other countries like Israel is bad. They will likely sell it to Russia and China. Where does it stop?

    We want to win and destroy the opposition, not help them.

  2. #22
    Very Active Member gobears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    814

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    70's shout out to special sauce:


  3. #23
    Moderator Rob Copeland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Fayetteville, GA
    Posts
    2,710

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by BraunMan View Post
    We want to win and destroy the opposition, not help them.
    No, "we" don’t. Or at least I don’t want to destroy any other swimmer or swimming program. And when given the opportunity I will try to help my fellow swimmers.

    There is already too much evil and malice in the world today. There is no need for our swimming community to willingly try to destroy anyone.
    The opinions expressed in the above post are mine and not those of U.S. Masters Swimming.

  4. #24
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    220

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by BraunMan View Post
    Sharing these secrets with other countries like Israel is bad. They will likely sell it to Russia and China. Where does it stop?
    So based on your argument, we should stop allowing international swimmers from joining our college teams, because they might learn something and take it back "home?" They still represent their home countries in the Olympics and other international competition, so in reality, these so called secrets are already being shared.

    And what good is a competition, if the playing field isn't somewhat level. It's no fun blowing out the other team all the time (or getting destroyed for that matter).

  5. #25
    Very Active Member gobears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    814

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk View Post
    So based on your argument, we should stop allowing international swimmers from joining our college teams, because they might learn something and take it back "home?" They still represent their home countries in the Olympics and other international competition, so in reality, these so called secrets are already being shared.

    And what good is a competition, if the playing field isn't somewhat level. It's no fun blowing out the other team all the time (or getting destroyed for that matter).
    I'm not sure logical questions are appropriate here. This guy appears to have a serious case of special sauce envy and likely won't be talked out of it by facts or logic.

  6. #26
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    220

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by gobears View Post
    I'm not sure logical questions are appropriate here. This guy appears to have a serious case of special sauce envy and likely won't be talked out of it by facts or logic.
    True. I WAS quite enjoying the Big Mac conversation.

  7. #27
    Very Active Member smontanaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Evanston, IL
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by jpetyk View Post
    And what good is a competition, if the playing field isn't somewhat level. It's no fun blowing out the other team all the time (or getting destroyed for that matter).
    ISTR the rationale way back when (60s? 70s?) for only allowing two swimmers per country per event was to blunt the depth of the US squad. Am I misremembering?

    I should note I'm fine with that. I don't want anyone to interpret my question as being in support of not sending Big Macs and Whoppers to Israel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swimosaur View Post
    Remember, you're lapping everybody who's sitting at home on the couch.

  8. #28
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Its just crap. These countries should earn their medals themselves. Not steal our secret sauce and use it against us. 100% against athletes training here then betraying the land that made them fast (the United States of America, the greatest country on the planet in every way) in international competition as well.

  9. #29
    Very Active Member Sojerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Woodbury, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    376
    Blog Entries
    381

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Did anyone consider that it might be the "sesame seed bun" and had nothing to do with the sauce? The secret sauce conclusion should be science based. There are lots of other variables that could have entered into USA swimming's dominance - like lettuce and pickles too.
    Some guys they just give up living and start dying little by little, piece by piece. Some guys come home from work and wash up and go racin’ in the street. (Bruce Springsteen, 1978)

  10. #30
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    savannah,ga
    Posts
    76
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    my personal secret sauce is a starbucks dark roast coffee and classic oatmeal ... we'd better not be sending that anywhere !
    As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

  11. #31
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz View Post
    Did anyone consider that it might be the "sesame seed bun" and had nothing to do with the sauce? The secret sauce conclusion should be science based. There are lots of other variables that could have entered into USA swimming's dominance - like lettuce and pickles too.
    Get serious please. The exporting out of trade secrets in the sport and allowing other countries to copy us is a major issue.

  12. #32
    Participating Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Sport is not war, in fact BraunMan I think you are completly missing the idea of international sporting competition. It is that win at all cost ethos that drives actions like what the East Germans did decades ago and the current Russian doping scandal.
    Many years ago I was fortunate to play some international water polo and we were fortunate to have friendlies with many European teams and other countries from all over the globe. Those interactions are some of my best memories and the idea that we should never try and improve a sport by hiding "secrets" is absurd. New techniques are always being developed and if they work they never stay secret for long. I will always root for the USA but never at the expense of helping countries trying to develop their aquatic programs in an attempt to expose their athletes to competition at the highest level.

  13. #33
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    savannah,ga
    Posts
    76
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    i googled "secret sauce" ... and here it is
    How do you make secret sauce?Ingredients

    • 1/4 cup mayonnaise.
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons spicy pickle juice.
    • 1 1/2 teaspoons ketchup.
    • 1 teaspoon yellow mustard.
    • 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika.
    • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder.
    • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder .................................................. .................................................. ...................................... so thats from the internet so it must be true ... and i thought it was coffee and oatmeal !






    As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

  14. #34
    Very Active Member Chris Stevenson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    4,137
    Blog Entries
    1217

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by BraunMan View Post
    Get serious please. The exporting out of trade secrets in the sport and allowing other countries to copy us is a major issue.
    So is secret sauce.

    (As if anyone should take trolls seriously.)
    These opinions are mine mine mine and not USMS'.

  15. #35
    Very Active Member Sumorunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Latham, NY
    Posts
    184

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Secret Sauce: Ma Junren and caterpillar fungus, 1993. Look it up.

  16. #36
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    If everyone is copying how we train our swimmers, that hurts our medal tally.

    We prosecute people who sell secrets when it comes to weapon technology. People who sell trade secrets are also betraying the country.

  17. #37
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    220

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by BraunMan View Post
    We prosecute people who sell secrets when it comes to weapon technology.
    Are you for real?! Please, do tell, how helping another country SWIM faster, threatens our way of life! If the US wins less medals, how many people will die?

    Go ahead and try explain yourself out of this one. I'll wait. Good grief.

  18. #38
    Swimming gives me a buzz! Bobinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    1,201
    Blog Entries
    407

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Quote Originally Posted by BraunMan View Post
    No - I'm referring to our secret training regimens which are vastly superior to what others in the world know, or need to know. Marsh should help us keep our advantage, not sell them to the highest bidder.

    I'm pretty sure most of the top swimmers who attend college already do that here in the USA and have been
    immersed in our sauce for a long time. I think it's fine for a good coach to be paid a competitive salary to train swimmers anywhere in the world, it's a free enterprise system as far as I know. I doubt the USA would have all their Olympic Gold in Gymnastics if the Karyoli's had been locked up in Hungry with all the sauce or Valery Luiken as well. I'm pretty sure coaching has been working this way for a long time!
    HTFU!

  19. #39
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    52

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Another guy who abuses the USA is Sergio Lopez, who learned in the USA then went to Singapore. Got fast in the USA as a swimmer, competed for Spain. Trained Condorelli, a Canadian traitor, and Schooling who gets his secret sauce then represents Singapore.

  20. #40
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    163

    Re: David Marsh - Consultant For Israeli Swimming

    Swimmer Sergio Lopez was already world-ranked when he arrived in the USA. Coach Sergio Lopez "abused" the USA with his development of Ryan Murphy and Caleb Dressel at Bolles School, fellows whom you might remember had modest success building the US medal count in Rio. Any karma debt that Sergio might have to the USA swim community is paid in full.

    Taking his nativist argument to its reductio ad absurdum conclusion, I predict that BraunMan will now call Eddie Reese on the carpet. After all, Eddie awarded Singapore citizen Joseph Schooling a UT swim scholarship (denying it to an American boy!), trained him to whoop on American kids at the NCAAs, and turned him loose--with Sergio's help--on the American team (and everyone else) in Rio. Shame on you, Eddie! Apparently you're not the brilliant swim coach we all thought you were, but just a craven traitor who worked so hard to diminish the USA medal count. Just like David Marsh...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jellyfish scourge threatens Israeli swimmers - and electrici
    By Jayhawk in forum Open Water Swimming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 9th, 2011, 01:33 PM
  2. David Marsh
    By Richard Hall in forum General Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 21st, 2011, 08:50 PM
  3. David Carradine
    By Lumpy in forum NSR: Non Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 6th, 2009, 11:58 PM
  4. David Marsh is leaving Auburn?
    By swimr4life in forum General Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: October 25th, 2006, 12:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •