Thread: moving to thr florida gold coast

Participating Member guachiriley's Avatar

moving to thr florida gold coast

Hi , I plan to move to the gold coast next summer, I am a begginer as far as swimming goes and my son ( 9 ) is also a begginer but we would like to start going to a club asap , being that I come from overseas , would anyone help me in finding a good place to have a great workout for both of us and not to expensive ? thanks

Hi ya- that depends where you're moving...

there's always Fort Lauderdale Swim team- great age group teams, and a great Master's team, also...

There's also Plantation, Aventura Aquatic club, there's some in Pompano, I think...

Try the searchable database of places to swim which is linked to this site...

Here's the website for MAster's swimming in the area
    http://www.fgcmasters.org/

and here's their link to area pools and teams
    http://home.att.net/~floridalmsc/clubmap.html

I moved to FLorida from Europe...

Good luck and happy swimming!

Hi - If you are moving to Boca Raton there are a lot of options in town.

Pine Crest in Boca Raton has both age group and Master's programs. Tom Smith is the head coach. The masters swim five days a week. M-F. 7:30-9:00 AM and 6:00-7:30 PM. The kids swim in the afternoon and I believe they have a swim camp this summer.

The Boca Raton YMCA has a rec league swim team and a Master's program. The kids swim in the late afternoon and early evening. The Master's swim T & TH 8:00-9:30 PM and Sat 8:00-9:00 AM.

Meadows Park Pool has a rec league in the summer. The masters program swims M-W-F 5:30-7:00 AM and PM.

FAU has a USS Team and a Master's program.

I used to swim at the YMCA and I now swim at Pine Crest.

Send me an email if you want more information. Come try a work out with us at Pine Crest.

Michael