Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: Your most crazy events list at a meet

  1. #21
    aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Quote Originally Posted by no200fly View Post
    In College I swam the 500 and the 1,000 and the 200 fly in a dual meet. I never did find out what I did that led to my coach putting me into those events in one meet.
    That line-up would have been right up my alley!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

    ~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

  2. #22
    Very Active Member orca1946's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    schaumburg, il - U S A
    Posts
    7,046

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    In a local meet , I finished the 400 I'm and moved over one lane to do the 200 back 20 seconds later.
    The official looked at me and shook his head!

  3. #23
    aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    In a local meet , I finished the 400 I'm and moved over one lane to do the 200 back 20 seconds later.
    The official looked at me and shook his head!
    I do back-to-back's at a lot of meets and never shy away from them. Way to go!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

    ~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

  4. #24

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    YAY!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    I do back-to-back's at a lot of meets and never shy away from them. Way to go!

  5. #25

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Go Orca! You beat me. I've done the 400 IM as the first event and then moved over 2 lanes to do the 50 back. I'm a slacker. I did the 200 fly and 50 back but that's it.

    Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    In a local meet , I finished the 400 I'm and moved over one lane to do the 200 back 20 seconds later.
    The official looked at me and shook his head!

  6. #26
    aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichollsvi View Post
    Go Orca! You beat me. I've done the 400 IM as the first event and then moved over 2 lanes to do the 50 back. I'm a slacker. I did the 200 fly and 50 back but that's it.

    Nobody racing 200 fly is a slacker!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

    ~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

  7. #27
    Very Active Member orca1946's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    schaumburg, il - U S A
    Posts
    7,046

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Ever notice that the refs do notice us that do this back to back events and make comments to us. I guess they really do pay attention.

  8. #28
    Green Mountain Boy rxleakem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southwestern Vermont
    Posts
    579
    Blog Entries
    731

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Riverton (Portland, Maine) Mini meet in 2012 [25 scm]: 3.5 hours from beginning to end.

    400 IM, 200 fly, 50 breast, 1500 free.

    Ouch.
    ..<))><

  9. #29
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Dover, DE
    Posts
    43

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    I participated in my first ever swim meet as a middle aged adult in October 2016 with no idea what was appropriate. I did 200 y back, 100 y IM, 200 free relay, and 500 free. I'm calling the IM crazy because I'm a total beginner at fly having started learning it the month before. I could only barely do the 25 fly and was grateful for the edge that diving off the blocks gave me. For the record, I wasn't last place in the IM because a better swimmer got DQd for illegal turns.

  10. #30
    aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Today at the Sewanee, Tennessee meet: 200 fly, 50 Breast, 400 IM, 200 Back, 200 Breast, and 200 Free in 3 hours. I was the only woman to do the "800 IM Challenge", and one of just two of us out of 78 people at the meet. (The other was Alex Bruce, the meet organizer.) I threw in the 400 IM to make it an "Ironman Pentathlon" to match the meet I do in September, and added the 50 breast for my last event to make it my biggest one day ever at a meet. It was FUN!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

    ~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

  11. #31

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    YES YES!!! Way to go EK. By the way I thought of you today:

    200 IM, 100 fly, 100 back, 200 free, 50 fly, 100 free, 25 breast, 25 fly, breast on a 100 relay, free on another relay, and 25 as best as you could free with an inner tube.

    Gotta keep up the spirit!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    Today at the Sewanee, Tennessee meet: 200 fly, 50 Breast, 400 IM, 200 Back, 200 Breast, and 200 Free in 3 hours. I was the only woman to do the "800 IM Challenge", and one of just two of us out of 78 people at the meet. (The other was Alex Bruce, the meet organizer.) I threw in the 400 IM to make it an "Ironman Pentathlon" to match the meet I do in September, and added the 50 breast for my last event to make it my biggest one day ever at a meet. It was FUN!

  12. #32
    aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichollsvi View Post
    YES YES!!! Way to go EK. By the way I thought of you today:

    200 IM, 100 fly, 100 back, 200 free, 50 fly, 100 free, 25 breast, 25 fly, breast on a 100 relay, free on another relay, and 25 as best as you could free with an inner tube.

    Gotta keep up the spirit!!!
    ​Sounds like a fun meet! Way to go!!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

    ~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

  13. #33

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Not only was it but I did 5 events in 1 and 3/4 hours: 200 free, 100 fly, 100 breast, 100 back, 100 IM.

    Elaine - to really make your day, I actually PR'ed the 100 breast (among a 7 sec. PR drop in the 100 fly).
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    ​Sounds like a fun meet! Way to go!!

  14. #34
    aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Quote Originally Posted by Nichollsvi View Post
    Not only was it but I did 5 events in 1 and 3/4 hours: 200 free, 100 fly, 100 breast, 100 back, 100 IM.

    Elaine - to really make your day, I actually PR'ed the 100 breast (among a 7 sec. PR drop in the 100 fly).

    Awesome!
    My best race of the meet was my 200 breast, my 5th event of the day out of 6. I swam my fastest time in four years.
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

    ~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

  15. #35
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    tucson ,arizona
    Posts
    1,060

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post

    Awesome!
    My best race of the meet was my 200 breast, my 5th event of the day out of 6. I swam my fastest time in four years.
    Great.

  16. #36
    Very Active Member srcoyote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    401

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    It's not quite a meet, but more than once at an open water event, I've swum the 2 mile, 1 mile, 1/4 mile, and 1/2 mile back to back to back to back. Longest rest was about 10 minutes between 1 mile and 1/4 mile. Last time I did this, I won three of the four, but I was too gassed on the last swim.

  17. #37
    aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,078

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Quote Originally Posted by srcoyote View Post
    It's not quite a meet, but more than once at an open water event, I've swum the 2 mile, 1 mile, 1/4 mile, and 1/2 mile back to back to back to back. Longest rest was about 10 minutes between 1 mile and 1/4 mile. Last time I did this, I won three of the four, but I was too gassed on the last swim.
    Awesome! I've done the 3K and 1K back-to-back at the Georgia State Games with just a five-minute rest, but that's nothin' compared to that! Way to go on your wins!!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

    ~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

  18. #38

    Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

    Go E!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    Awesome! I've done the 3K and 1K back-to-back at the Georgia State Games with just a five-minute rest, but that's nothin' compared to that! Way to go on your wins!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 5th, 2016, 10:45 AM
  2. Packing list for Outdoor Meet at Santa Clara
    By natlion in forum Nationals
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 10th, 2014, 12:45 AM
  3. List of events?
    By amsanborn in forum General Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 16th, 2013, 12:10 PM
  4. How many events per day at a meet?
    By The Fortress in forum General Swimming-Related Discussions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2006, 10:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •