Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your most crazy events list at a meet

aka Elaine-iaK & Aqua Dog ElaineK's Avatar

Re: Your most crazy events list at a meet

Quote Originally Posted by no200fly View Post
    In College I swam the 500 and the 1,000 and the 200 fly in a dual meet. I never did find out what I did that led to my coach putting me into those events in one meet.
    That line-up would have been right up my alley!
    http://ElaineiaKsTravels.wordpress.com

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

In a local meet , I finished the 400 I'm and moved over one lane to do the 200 back 20 seconds later.
    The official looked at me and shook his head!

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post
    In a local meet , I finished the 400 I'm and moved over one lane to do the 200 back 20 seconds later.
    I do back-to-back's at a lot of meets and never shy away from them. Way to go!

~ Believing in your dreams can be far more rewarding than living by your limitations ~Karla Peterson

YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineK View Post
    I do back-to-back's at a lot of meets and never shy away from them. Way to go!

Go Orca! You beat me. I've done the 400 IM as the first event and then moved over 2 lanes to do the 50 back. I'm a slacker. I did the 200 fly and 50 back but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by orca1946 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nichollsvi View Post
    Go Orca! You beat me. I've done the 400 IM as the first event and then moved over 2 lanes to do the 50 back. I'm a slacker. I did the 200 fly and 50 back but that's it.

Nobody racing 200 fly is a slacker!

Ever notice that the refs do notice us that do this back to back events and make comments to us. I guess they really do pay attention.

Blog Entries

Riverton (Portland, Maine) Mini meet in 2012 [25 scm]: 3.5 hours from beginning to end.

400 IM, 200 fly, 50 breast, 1500 free.

Ouch.
    ..<))><

I participated in my first ever swim meet as a middle aged adult in October 2016 with no idea what was appropriate. I did 200 y back, 100 y IM, 200 free relay, and 500 free. I'm calling the IM crazy because I'm a total beginner at fly having started learning it the month before. I could only barely do the 25 fly and was grateful for the edge that diving off the blocks gave me. For the record, I wasn't last place in the IM because a better swimmer got DQd for illegal turns.

Today at the Sewanee, Tennessee meet: 200 fly, 50 Breast, 400 IM, 200 Back, 200 Breast, and 200 Free in 3 hours. I was the only woman to do the "800 IM Challenge", and one of just two of us out of 78 people at the meet. (The other was Alex Bruce, the meet organizer.) I threw in the 400 IM to make it an "Ironman Pentathlon" to match the meet I do in September, and added the 50 breast for my last event to make it my biggest one day ever at a meet. It was FUN!

YES YES!!! Way to go EK. By the way I thought of you today:

200 IM, 100 fly, 100 back, 200 free, 50 fly, 100 free, 25 breast, 25 fly, breast on a 100 relay, free on another relay, and 25 as best as you could free with an inner tube.

Gotta keep up the spirit!!!

Today at the Sewanee, Tennessee meet: 200 fly, 50 Breast, 400 IM, 200 Back, 200 Breast, and 200 Free in 3 hours. I was the only woman to do the "800 IM Challenge", and one of just two of us out of 78 people at the meet. (The other was Alex Bruce, the meet organizer.) I threw in the 400 IM to make it an "Ironman Pentathlon" to match the meet I do in September, and added the 50 breast for my last event to make it my biggest one day ever at a meet. It was FUN!

YES YES!!! Way to go EK. By the way I thought of you today:

200 IM, 100 fly, 100 back, 200 free, 50 fly, 100 free, 25 breast, 25 fly, breast on a 100 relay, free on another relay, and 25 as best as you could free with an inner tube.

Gotta keep up the spirit!!!
    ​Sounds like a fun meet! Way to go!!

Not only was it but I did 5 events in 1 and 3/4 hours: 200 free, 100 fly, 100 breast, 100 back, 100 IM.

Elaine - to really make your day, I actually PR'ed the 100 breast (among a 7 sec. PR drop in the 100 fly).
    ​Sounds like a fun meet! Way to go!!

Not only was it but I did 5 events in 1 and 3/4 hours: 200 free, 100 fly, 100 breast, 100 back, 100 IM.

Elaine - to really make your day, I actually PR'ed the 100 breast (among a 7 sec. PR drop in the 100 fly).

Awesome!
    My best race of the meet was my 200 breast, my 5th event of the day out of 6. I swam my fastest time in four years.

Very Active Member

Awesome!
    My best race of the meet was my 200 breast, my 5th event of the day out of 6. I swam my fastest time in four years.
    Great.

It's not quite a meet, but more than once at an open water event, I've swum the 2 mile, 1 mile, 1/4 mile, and 1/2 mile back to back to back to back. Longest rest was about 10 minutes between 1 mile and 1/4 mile. Last time I did this, I won three of the four, but I was too gassed on the last swim.

Quote Originally Posted by srcoyote View Post
    It's not quite a meet, but more than once at an open water event, I've swum the 2 mile, 1 mile, 1/4 mile, and 1/2 mile back to back to back to back. Longest rest was about 10 minutes between 1 mile and 1/4 mile. Last time I did this, I won three of the four, but I was too gassed on the last swim.
    Awesome! I've done the 3K and 1K back-to-back at the Georgia State Games with just a five-minute rest, but that's nothin' compared to that! Way to go on your wins!!

Go E!
    Awesome! I've done the 3K and 1K back-to-back at the Georgia State Games with just a five-minute rest, but that's nothin' compared to that! Way to go on your wins!!

Last spring at SCY Nationals:
    Day1: 1000 FR, 1650 FR
    Day2: 500 FR, 200 BR
    With a double ear infection on my 3rd &4th days of antibiotics, after having been sick for two weeks, and finally knew it wasn't going to get better on its own.
    I decided that if I have a travel/taper meet like that in the future, and am in a situation where I'm sick, I will really have more fun if I scratch either the 1000 or 1650. About 1/2 way through the 1650, the second event, I didn't go "oh my, this hurts", I went, "oh, wow, I'm really sick." I would totally double the distance events on the same day again if I'm feeling well but would not race the next day. I recall while prepping for that meet posting questions about it and plenty of people have done that distance double on the same day.

Blog Entries

I think my worst is what I've done for the Rowdy Gains classic last year:

Day 1: 1500 Free,400 IM, 25 Breast, 800 Free Relay, 25 Fly, 400 Medley Relay (Fly)
    Day 2: 100 IM, 100 Breast, 200 Free, 400 free, 200 Medley Relay (free), 100 Back
    Day 3: 800 Free, 200 Back, 200 Breast, 100 Free, 200 IM, 200 Free Relay

Second maybe the 2015 NC State Championships:
    Day 1: 1650, 1000, 400 Free Relay, 200 Breast, 400 IM, 200 Free
    Day 2: 200 IM, 100 Breast, 200 Back, 100 Free, 200 Free Relay, 500 Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12